13• Gruntman

The man in the suit pressed a button, and Elton and his friends' eyes went wide.

An irregularly drawn, rectangular shaped section in the stone wall suddenly moved back a few inches, and slided to the right like a sliding gate. Behind it stood a heavy, ironclad black door, with a lock and a digital keypad.

The man typed the code, then inserted the key and pushed the door open, revealing a gloomy, black void. "You may proceed, gentlemen."

Hesitantly, the five boys went in, and he followed, closing the door behind him with his remote. He then pressed another button, and a series of light bulbs aligned on the high ceiling turned on, illuminating the place : it was a tight tunnel with black, naked walls, and it seemed to stretch on forever. There were security cameras every few meters.

The man asked them to follow him, and they started walking again. After a long minute, he finally reached another iron door, which looked similar to the first one. He unlocked it by typing another code, and pressing his palm against a biometric hand scanner on the side.

Behind this door was another, more familiar : an elevator door.

"Proceed," he invited, in the same impassive tone.

The friends complied.

The elevator was large and much brighter than the tunnel. It had a reflective glass floor and ceiling, crystal walls with strange drawings carved in it, and for some reason, the buttons on the control panel had no numbers on it. The man pressed one of them, and the door slided shut.

The elevator started moving, slowly, and the five boys' heart rate was increasing drastically. Granted, it wasnt nearly as terrifying as the previous experience, but there still wasn't anything too reassuring about what was happening, especially as they had no idea where they were going. All they could tell was that they were going downwards.

The previously silent cage chimed as its doors opened again, having finally reached its destination. The man in the suit stepped out and moved to the side, allowing his "guests" to walk out, and the five boys were taken aback by the astonishing sight that unfolded before their eyes.

There was actually a whole world hidden under the ground. The group was standing in what looked like the hall of a gigantic, fancy building, with high, glass walls and shiny lights, and a fresh, relaxing smell. (Picture above will give you an idea.) On the huge floor, in black and white colours, was drawn a giant triangle with a single eye inside it, the famous symbol.

There were several classy looking people walking around, but none of them paid much attention to the newcomers. Except one person, a tall man with grey hair and a black tuxedo, who actually looked like he had been waiting for them. The man in grey invited the five boys to move forward, and the old man met them in the middle of the place. He greeted them with a broad smile.

Which, of course, none of the boys was about to return.

"Gentlemen, welcome to the Illuminati's California Branch !" He said in an enthusiastic voice. "The unrevealed face of the Hollywood mountain. We are honoured to have you here on the occasion of your first information session. You are going to learn more about our eminent organisation, and understand your future roles."

"As you have probably guessed, only members of our exclusive brotherhood are allowed access to this underground complex," he went on. "Everything discussed in these offices are matters of the highest confidentiality; and for that reason, you are requested to remain silent, and not speak unless asked to. Anything you say can and will lead to serious consequences. Now, Eric here will show you your meeting room."