7• Helpless

Don't worry, there won't be anything graphic.

_________

The wolf was still howling.

The procession was moving solemnly, at a steady pace, through the darkness of the forest. The sounds of twigs cracking and crickets chirping that accompanied their footsteps became more and more faint.

The drum rolls were still echoing, in a distance that became shorter and shorter with every passing second. The noise was getting louder, and louder.

The eight red capes were at the head, closely followed by two brawny men, all walking in a line. Behind them, the five men in black capes were pushing the four tied up girls in white dresses forward, and the cameraman brought up the rear, filming.

After a short five minutes walk, the trees finally gave way to a clearing, bathed in the moonlight, where one the most satanic sights appeared before them.

In the middle of the large, open space, stood an eight feet tall bronze statue of the Baphomet, surrounded by at least twenty candles. In front of the statue stood a man, bare chested, wearing a long, black loincloth and a goat mask as creepy as the half goat behind him. And at his feet, on the grassy ground, lay a dark, wooden circle with a pentagram painted on it, and a few more candles on both ends.

On the right of the statue stood a tall upside down cross, that two men, dressed in black capes, and wearing dark and scary animal masks, had just put on fire using long wooden torches.

Eighteen other similarly dressed men stood in a row on either sides of the wooden circle : eight holding the same fire torches, and ten holding large knives with a golden handle and a sharp blade that shone under the firelight.

And on the left side of the Baphomet, three drummers were playing the drums. They stepped up the pace, as the new comers entered the clearing, then came to an abrupt stop. A second cameraman was standing next to them, filming from that corner, and there was a third on the other side.

The two men leading the eight boys in the red capes pushed them forward towards the wooden circle, making them stand in a straight row about ten meters away from it.

"Gentlemen," started the man in the goat mask at the other end of the circle, who was obviously the one leading the ritual. "It is our honour and pleasure to have you all on the occasion of this ceremony. We are gathered here today, not just to mark and sanctify the admission of these fine men into our eminent brotherhood, but also to express our eternal gratitude and loyalty to our Lord, Satan the Most High, the ruler of the Earth, and the King of the world, through this Sacred Ritual and offerings".

The last words made the eight friends' hair stand on end. They all turned to look at the girls who were being held behind them, a few meters away, and it was a miracle that they hadn't passed out already.

"Attention !" Warned one of the men behind them, annoyed by the disturbance.

The goat man then proceeded to chant incantations in a foreign language. His voice got louder and louder as the drummers started playing again, picking up the pace quickly, resulting into a deafening, terrifying racket.

The caped man holding Sarah, who unfortunately, happened to be the first girl on the line, started pushing her forward. But when they passed the row of red capes, Colby, who was at that end of the row, couldn't hold it in. He leaped towards the caped man and punched him hard in the head, sending him rolling on the floor.

"What the hell do you think you're doing??" Colby yelled at him.

"What did we say about disrupting the ceremony ??" One of the brawny men growled back, jumping out in front of the young man, pointing his knife toward him menacingly. "Don't you understand that this is a sacred ceremony ? Now go back to your place, or it's all your friends' lives that will be in danger."