19• The key

Notice how it's Sam and Colby. Lol.
____________

"He's home. He said we can come."

"Great."

Sam and Colby had just left the coffee shop, and were now walking through the cold wind down the avenue, towards Sam's car. Sam paused as he received Keaton's reply to his text.

"So, are you sure you want to do this ?" He asked Colby again. "I have warned you about the risks enough, so it's your choice now."

Colby nodded with a sigh. "I am."

"Okay. Let's go then."

They reached the car, and each took their seat. Sam quickly noticed, as Colby tied his seatbelt, that his hands were shaking. "We don't have to do it right now, you know," he said quietly. "I can still just drive you home, and you can take some time to think. You'll call me when you're ready."

"No, I am ready. I don't need any more time, Sam. I have waited long enough."

"Very well."

Sam turned the engine on, pulled out of his parking spot, and drove away.

____________

About half an hour later, the two friends were walking through the bright corridor that led to Keaton's apartment. They stopped in front of his door, and Sam turned to look at Colby.

"One thing you need to remember, Colby," he said. "You need to keep this a secret. You can't tell anyone about it, not even your friends, not even your roommates. And when you'll be done with the video, destroy it immediately. Do you understand me ?"

Colby nodded, and Sam reached for the doorbell, and rang.

"Hey !!!" Keaton exclaimed with a big smile as he opened the door. "Sam, how're you doing ? Nice to meet you," he greeted Colby, shaking his hand. "Please come in."

He led the two to a couch in the middle of the living room, then went to the kitchen area. "Would you like anything to drink ? I have ice tea and coke," he offered, opening his fridge.

"I'd like some coke," said Sam.

"Me too," said Colby. More out of politeness than actual thirst.

Keaton returned with three cans of coke, which he handed his guests, and took one for himself.

"So," he said, sitting briefly at the edge of the couch. "I don't want to talk too much, as this isn't exactly the safest place, but I did get the job you want me to do. I just want to ask you one more time... What's your name, by the way ?"

"Colby."

"Right. Colby, I'm sure Sam already told you about all the risks that this can entail. Are you sure that this is what you want ?"

"I am," said Colby confidently.

"Alright," said Keaton, standing up. He walked over to a desk, under which several laptops laid in a pile; he picked out a heavy, black one, and set it on the table. "This is gonna take a while, so make yourselves comfortable."
__

Colby woke up a few minutes later to a voice calling his name. He hadn't even realised he had dozed off. He opened his eyes to find Keaton hovering over him, a smile on his face. He was holding out his open palm, and in the middle of it was a tiny, inch long, black object. It took Colby a moment to figure out it was a USB flash drive.

"There you go."

_____________________

The quiet neighbourhood was silent as the car finally made its last turn towards the traphouse. Sam pulled up right in front of the gate, and turned off the engine as he looked up at Colby.