Four

Ok, this is getting out of hand. Not just Newt and Tony, the fact that we haven't seen Thomas in 25 days. Yes, I've been counting. 25 days! Brenda and Jorge were nowhere to be seen either. I don't like this. If we're done with the trails then why haven't we seen Thomas. I kept looking at the door whenever we would eat so we could greet Thomas the moment he arrives. But each day that didn't happen rose my suspicion about WICKED.

"He's not coming," Tony said as he noticed my gaze at the entrance.

I shook my head. "You don't know that."

"You heard what they said, they're checking him over." Another bull shit story I didn't believe.

I gave him a look. "Check him over for what? The Flare? If Thomas did get the Flare don't you think he'd be shucked out of his mind before then?"

Newt nodded. "She has a point."

Tony glared at him. "Yeah, and I'm an actual Crank. Unlike any one of you here, I know what it's like to lose my mind."

"Ok, entertain us, shuckface," Minho said as he crossed his arms. "How long did it take for you to lose that ugly head of yours?"

Tony was about to get up but I yanked him down. "Knock it off," I scolded him. "We need to be ready for anything WICKED has for us. And that's not going to happen if we're at each other's heads."

"Like how you're probably giving that one head," Tony retorted while glaring at Newt. "Don't think I haven't noticed you sneaking out of your room." Tony pulled the collar of my shirt down to reveal some of the hickey's Newt left. "You're not hiding this from anyone."

Newt returned the glare. "Why do you care? She's my girlfriend. What we do is none of your business. "

"I don't care what you do. You could go set yourself on fire. I'm not here to protect you. I'm only protecting her."

"Great job your doing if you're letting her sneak out," Minho retorted. "Tell me something, Slinthead. How is selling someone at an auction protection?"

"I was trying to help her," Tony seethed.

"Guys," I tried to snap them out of this.

Tony ignored me. "If I recall, Danielle was hallucinating her dead brother. She was out of her mind because of WICKED. She was with you sons of bitches at all time and none of you did anything to stop her. She was going to kill herself if I didn't help her. She wouldn't be here right now if I didn't give her the Nightshade." Tony leaned closer to Newt and Minho. "So tell me, out of you two..who is more capable of protecting her? 'Cause the way I see it, with you two, you just signed her death wish."

Newt balled his fist. He and Minho shared a look before they nodded their heads. Before I could process what was happening Newt punched Tony square in the jaw before Minho got up and tackled him to the ground. Both Groups stopped what they were doing and turned around while Minho hauled Tony up and pinned him against the wall.

"Guys, stop it!" I yelled as I got up while Newt punched Tony again.

Tony kicked Minho in the shin before pushing him away and grabbed Newt's fist before he threw him next to Minho. Tony walked over to the guys. Minho grabbed the knife from the table and stabbed it in Tony's foot. Tony groaned before he picked up Minho and tossed him on the table. I jumped back to avoid getting hit, but my mouth flew open.

"Tony!" I yelled. Newt got up and glared at Tony, who glared back. "You guys, stop!"

Tony stalked towards Newt and was about to punch him, but I ran over and blocked Tony's punch before I elbowed him. Tony grunted as he stumbled back. Tony looked up while I pushed Newt behind me.

"What's going on here?" we heard. There was Rat Man with a few of WICKED guards. I swear he looks more like a rat every single time I see him. He looked between me, Newt, Tony, and Minho.

Tony looked from the three of us before looking at Rat Man. "Nothing," he responded.

I gave him a look. "No, not nothing." I looked at Rat Man. "I want to know when Thomas is coming out." Teresa pushed herself further out of the crowd at the mention of Thomas.

"Thomas is -"

"Under quarantine," I finished before I scoffed. "Thomas isn't sick. He was fine before you shuckfaces took him. We haven't seen him since that day you guys got us out of the Scorch. So, where the hell is he?"

Rat Man sighed. "Thomas is still being examined."

"Bull shit!" I yelled. A few people in the crowd nodded with me. Teresa looked around with worry.  "Where the hell is Thomas?"

A few people started shouting with me. They wanted to know where Thomas is, too. A few from Group B agreed, too. WICKED told them they had to kill him, but they were lied to. So if they were lying about that, what else were they lying about?

I felt myself being pulled away from Newt. Two of the guards grabbed my arms and lifted me up.

"Hey, let go of her!" Newt yelled. Soon enough Sonya and Harriet pushed themselves away.

"What are you doing?" Sonya shouted.

Rat Man ignored us. "I think Danielle is a bit stressed. Take her to solitary confinement."

"Are you guys kidding?!" Minho yelled.

I glared at Rat Man. "You mother fucking bi-"

I felt something hit my side. It was like jolts of electricity went up my spine. The pain was so...intense. My skin was on fire as my body shook violently as I spotted black dots in my vision. The dots got bigger and soon I was out.

》》》》

A/N: Next chapter everything starts!!!