Ch. 1

My legs moved around as I waited for the train. I gazed down at the note and back at the clock that hanged over the arc of the train station. Today, I will meet a man who is the leader of the Red faction in the Holy Grail War! My first one!

I always wanted to be in one. And here is my chance! The years of studying abroad came to play!

I tapped my left foot impatiently as the time went on. I wanted the train to come faster. I wanted to meet this person and to summon my first servant. I looked back at the note, which read something simple-

Hello!
You must be a Master in training, but we need another Master for our side. You seem to be the one we need. Please come to Transylvania, Romania.
      Thank you!

I wish the person signed their name. Yet again, the thought of their name being hunted is a threat. So I kinda see why.

Soon the train came, blowing its whistle as it approached the port. I stood up and held my suitcase to my thighs as the blew through my hair and uniform tie. It came to a stop and the people on the train went off. There was chatting and mutters as they walked away. I didn't pay attention and got on board. I looked at my train ticket and looked for my seat. I saw one near the back and made my way over. Then I placed my suitcase beside me as I sat. Then I looked at my ticket.

This was my first Grail War and my first train ride. I was so excited that my smile looked almost insane at this moment. That's when someone sat in front of me. They had a large black hat and somewhat blue hair. I slowly lost my smile and didn't want to look like I did anything important. The man sat across from me as I stared at the note, pretending I was busy with something else. "What you riding for?" He asked. I gulped and quietly answered, "Visiting family..."

"In Transylvania? Nice." He said, "I'm going as well. My parents need help at their place." I didn't want to reply after that, and the man got the message and shut his mouth. Finally... I thought and folded my letter and placed it inside the pocket of my suitcase. The train blew its whistle and it soon moved. I looked outside and saw the clear open fields. If only back at home was like this... I then thought about the Grail War and how my father was in one as well. He didn't succeed though. Many blame him for their faction being lost, calling him a traitor.

I clutched my uniform skirt and frowned deeper. I will make sure I won't be the same, I will be loyal to my faction. "What's on your mind?" Oh no. He speaks again. I shook my head gently, "It's nothing..." I whispered. "Nothing or something?"

"It's not of your concern... Now could you please leave me alone?" I asked, not looking at the man. He soon was quiet again and was reading a book that he pulled out of his bag. I glanced over and saw he was reading a novel made by my favorite author, James McFarlin. It was The Book of Stars, which had good ratings. If only I had enough money to spare me one. And I didn't want to talk to the weird dude again. So I looked back in the window. Hopefully the trip won't be long.