Ch. 2

After what seemed like twelve hours, the train finally arrived at Transylvania. I felt my stomach start to flip, anxiety filling me. Why am I nervous?! I should be excited. I got up after the train stopped fully and grabbed my suitcase. I then went down the steps into the train station. Which was somehow small, hardly anyone came off the train as well. I raised my brow, then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I gasped and snapped my head around, it was the man from across my seat. "Good luck, mam." He spoke as he walked off. I blinked, What was his problem? I then grabbed the letter from the pocket and read the letter again. It didn't specify where to go. Probably because it's top secret.

I sighed and grabbed my suitcase and went inside the train station, maybe this person was picking me up. Privately maybe? I didn't know, I just wanted to be in the Holy Grail war for Pete's sake. I sat down at a bench that was inside the train station and heard the train's whistle blow as it trudged down the tracks. There's goes the way back home. I took out my letter again, read it line by line. Nothin. I groaned and leaned my head back. What am I suppose to do?! I don't know where this person is- I was cut off when something started to glow.

I quickly looked at the letter, it revealing the secret location and map. Most of all where I was and where the base was. I blinked, magic? I thought and then looked around me to make sure no one saw, what was I thinking? There's hardly anyone at the station. I looked again and saw it lead to the north east. I nodded and then folded it back. I grabbed my suitcase and headed out.

I exited the train station and saw nothing but open hills and plains. Clearly no one fielded the area which was nice. Clearer air. I then trudged along the dirt road and followed the route to the secret base. I stared as the trail lead north and then turned. I looked up and saw a village like area. I placed my map aside and took out a small bag of coins. Small amount... But enough to grab something to eat. I thought and then walked towards the small village.

I walked around and saw a small bit of people. I tried to look for a cafe or something, but what I got was a butcher like area. Close enough. I walked inside and saw nothing but men inside. Butchers were some how a manly thing, meat in all.  I looked around and saw a Beef stew. When it was my turn I swallowed my shyness and spoke, "I would like the beef stew please." The man nodded, "What to drink?"

"Um... Water please." I said and the man went towards the back. I turned around and looked for a place to sit. I set myself towards the front door and placed my suitcase beside me. I laced my fingers together and looked around, seeing men laugh and having a beer. I took a deep breath and sighed. All I have to do is follow the highlighted trail and then I'll be there. I reminded myself. I knew deep down I wouldn't be set up like this... But on the other hand what if I am? I looked down at the wooden table, Maybe I have been stood up... Probably one of the students from school did it.

My thoughts were cut short when someone slammed down a plate in front of me. My eyes shot up to the person responsible. It seemed to be a white haired man. Wearing black clothing, he had golden like eyes and held my order in his hands. "You must be Victoria Hul."