Ch. 8

After we ate we walked around for a good while. Karna had a small sandwich he was munching on and I had a mini burger. I looked at the sunset ahead and gasped. This looks beautiful! Gotta take a picture! I placed the mini burger in my mouth and stopped walking. That caused Karna to become confused and look over to see what I was doing. I scrambled for my phone and took it out. I then opened the photo app and raised the phone up towards the sunset.

It took the picture and I smiled to myself as I looked over it. "Why you have the sunset on your box." I jumped at Karna's sudden voice near my ear. I held my chest, "Karna... Please let me know when you're near me next time." I begged. He hummed and looked at my phone. I sighed, "This is a cellphone. You call, text, take photos, and play games on it." I explained, "I took a picture of the sunset so... I could go back and draw it." I muttered the last part. Karna then had his hand on top of mine, "May I see it?" He asked. I blinked, "Y-Yea. Go ahead." I answered, but was nervous since he was new to technology so far.

Karna then looked at the picture and smiled. "It's gorgeous." He whispered and handed my phone back. "Yea... I take pictures of great scenes around. From stars to sunsets... Only if it's a great moment though." I said and was kinda going off the rail with it. Karna nodded and looked ahead, "What if I told you... I was the son of the Sun God?" My breath stopped. What? "What Sun God?" I asked and he continued looking ahead, "Surya."

"The Indian Sun God? Wait..." I then thought a bit. His name was Karna... That meant... He was Karna from the great hero story! That meant he knew Arjuna! "You're the hero Karna!" I said ignoring my quiet exterior. Karna chuckled, "That's me..." I blushed and looked up at him, "You gotta tell me everything! How you took down armies and-"

"Tori. You do realize that servants are historical people, myths, stories, and idea. Right?" Karna asked sternly, his eyes gazing towards my own. I gasped, "I didn't know that..."

"Well it is.." He then looked back ahead, "My story was for a woman named of Kunti... I was sent down to be her son... Yet no one saw me as her own... So she sent me away to live among the dirt..." he spoke. "I'm sorry that happened..." I said and then noticed that it became dark, "We need to find a motel and fast.." I said and looked at the time on my phone which was eight. I then looked around and Karna grabbed my shoulder. I stopped and stared, he pointed ahead. "I found them."

"Who?" I asked confused to him randomly pointing towards an area. Karna soon went out his casual clothes and into his armor and pink fluff. "Ruler." My eyes widened, "You found them?! Where are they?" I asked and Karna sighed, "Across the way. On the back of a truck."

"Ok.. So that means we have to move." I said and started walking ahead. "Tori-"

"Sorry... I don't have a car, so we'll have to walk."

"Tor-"

"Again... Sorry."

"No. I'm saying I can fly, Tori." I stopped and stared at him. "Excuse me?" Karna stepped forward and placed his hand on his red gem. "If we walk, we will loose them. If I carry you to a safe area range, I'll catch them..." my jaw dropped. "I cannot believe you can fly..." I whispered and Karna then walked towards me, "Then you might have to believe then." He said blunter then he was. I guess he was kind of annoyed at this point. Karna then went down and one arm wrapped around my legs, while the other grabbed my back.

My breath hitched at the action. My throat was closed, I couldn't protest for some reason. Karna then squatted down and then pushed up. The wind slaying the strands of my hair and watering my eyes. It was so fast. My eyes drifted down the ground below, we weren't going down... So Karna is telling the truth. But that meant that this would be a great tactical idea for fighting other masters and servants.

Suddenly Karna went down and placed me behind a large bush. "Stay here." He spoke and then went back in the air. I sat there for a bit and then I saw something bright and red glowing. I looked down and saw a mark on my right hand. It had what seemed like flames on the top and three half circles on the bottom. Was this a master command spell symbol? And how'd I get it?

That's when a large blast was heard and it was close. I looked ahead and saw fire, and it was everywhere. I then looked back at my command spell. This could probably help... But I heard it's limited... Oh well. I shook my head and then tried to communicate with Karna through my thoughts. Karna what is happening? I thought and about a few seconds later, "The Yggmillennia came, one of their masters at least." I gasped. This was a bad sign, if I was caught, I would have to battle them. I don't know how experienced they are. I then spoke to Karna again, Ok... Make sure you be safe. I don't know how powerful they are. So take it easy. I heard that hum, funny how he can hum in thoughts. But after a short second another explosion happened. My heart clenched, "What happened?" I whispered and then it was very quiet.

That's when shouting was heard, "I KNOW YOU'RE HERE! SHOW YOURSELF SO WE CAN FIGHT LIKE REAL MASTERS!" It was male I can tell that much, but also he seemed fed up and angry. I kept my body still, I didn't want to move. The quietness continued and then I spoke through thoughts again. What's happening now?

"The Yggmillennia want Ruler on their side, but they refused."

Huh... So what do they want?

"It looks like to see if the Grail War is going without any problems I guess..."

"Hm..." I whispered under my breath. That meant that they weren't doing any harm, so why did Shirou want them dead? Suddenly I saw Karna up in the sky, I stayed put and he landed beside me. "I didn't get them, but they didn't look like a threat."

"That's weird..." I said and stood up and looked at my command spell. "That's a command spell." Karna states the obvious. I nodded, "I got it once you left." He frowned deeply, "I don't feel my original master... But I feel you more internally." I looked up at him confused, I shouldn't tell him about his master... Shirou said not to anyway. Karna was deeply conflicted at this point, so I tried to come up with something. "Well... We better look for a place to sleep then..." I said and Karna went back to his casual clothes, his face not changing. "Yes..."