Ch. 5

Something was burning my eyes. I blinked and saw that the sun beamed through the window. I growled and cussed under my breath, rolling the sheets up over my face. Then I remembered, I have to meet up with Shirou for the summoning. I yelped as I kicked off the blanket and hurried to my suitcase to change, I removed my nightgown and started to put on my uniform that I kept in there. (It's her uniform from when she was a student at the Mage Academy, she has sets of her uniform so she doesn't have to wear it each day).

I then put on my glasses, quickly tied my tie ,and left the room to only be met with Shirou himself. "Sleep well?" He asked calmly. I, having not so much of a brushed hair, nodded. "Good good. Now, let's get to summoning shall we?" He asked and started to walk away. I coughed and followed behind him.

That's when he started to question, "What servant are you wanting to have?"

"I prefer a Lancer, but any other is fine." I answered. Shirou looked at me, "Usually a Master would want a Saber or at least a Ruler. But Lancer is fine as well. May I ask why?" He asked again. I played with my fingers as we walked in the halls in silence. Soon I spoke up, "Lancers are quick on their feet. It would mean they would get some jabs in, then defend themselves." Shirou nodded, "I agree, Lancers are quick." I looked over at him, "What do you prefer, Mr Shirou?"

"Me? I have no likings for servants, I go with any I got." He answered. Going with the flow, nice.

After a while, we arrived at the place from yesterday. The sun really gleaming through the glass panes. My eyes drifted over to Shirou who grabbed a book, he flipped through the pages. "So, you prefer a lancer class?"

"Yea... But it's whatever." I said anxiously. Shirou then stopped at a certain place and then set the book on a rack. "Ok. Since you are new to summoning, you have to do as I say." I nod at his request. Shirou then went through something towards the left and pulled out some colored pebbles and a permanent marker. I blinked, confused on the stuff. "These are for a specific summon." Shirou explained as he went on the floor and started drawing a symbol on it. I watched as his wrist twisted around as he drew.

Then he stood up and placed the small stones in my hands. "When I tell you, you repeat the words I'll say." I nodded. Shirou smiled, "Now, step inside the circle." I did as he told and stood inside the circle. "Now, hold out one of the gold pebbles." I looked at my right palm and grabbed one, I then held it out. "Like this?" I asked and looked at Shirou. He nodded and then spoke, "Close your eyes and vision your servant to be." I slowly closed my eyes.

I tried to see the servant I wanted. A lancer, a historical hero who was loyal yet strong. A servant who would listen. Shirou's voice came back, "Now, crack the stone and repeat my words..." I squeezed the small stone in my left hand, then felt something pour out of it. I flinched a bit and then went back to focusing. Shirou told me the words, and I did my best to repeat it. It must have done something, because Shirou was silent.

He continued speaking what I had to say, and I did.

Then he told me to open my eyes. My eyes opened and I saw a golden haze below me, I looked down. "Step back." Shirou commanded. I jumped back and looked at the circle, wind started to pick up. I covered my face as the gale blew in my hair. Then it stopped. I blinked and looked back at the symbol. The glow was gone, and no one stood in place. "Wh-What happened?" I asked. Shirou walked over to the book, "This is strange... It says a servant would be here... Let's try again."

It was over fifteen times. And no lancer servant came out. I would think anything else but a servant would come too. I literally was following each step that Shirou gave me. He looked at his book more, "This is just strange..." He muttered. That's when the sound of heels echoed the room. I looked and saw a tall busty woman with long dark hair, and pointy ears. She as well had golden eyes and she smirked at me. "New master perhaps?" She asked. Shirou turned from his book, "Yes, she's trying to summon a lancer class... But not having such luck. We tried fifteen times now."

The woman stepped forward and gazed at the summoning circle. "How about we use Lancer of Red?" She asked. Shirou's eyes widened, "Are you sure about that? The others don't have a master either." The woman raised her finger over her lips. Shirou nodded, "Very well." He said and closed the book he held and turned to me, "Victoria. Lancer of Red will be your servant. Reason why is because his previous master, along with Rider and Archer, was killed by Assassin of Black." My eyes widened, "That's terrible... Where are they now?"

"Well... I was commanding them, but since you're looking for a Lancer class. Lancer of Red is your best bet." Shirou explained and then in a flash something started to appear in the corner. I gazed over and saw a man appear. He had whitish hair that sweeped towards the right. He had his chest exposed, with a red gem in the middle surrounded by gold on it. His attire was black and gold, but when he opened his eyes. My whole body locked up. Shirou looked towards the man with a smile, "Lancer." He said. The man bowed his head, "You called me?" I shifted my footing as they communicated.

Shirou soon looked at me, "Victoria, this here is Lancer of Red." I looked at the man, seeing his intense gaze. It reminded me of a sharp blade. Shirou then looked at the man, "Lancer, this is Victoria. She'll be your master for the war. She came because your master requested her so." He said. My eyes landed back at Shirou, What about how he was murdered? Is he keeping that a secret? "My sub master?" The man asked. Shirou nodded, "Just until the war is over."

The man closed his eyes, "I'm afraid I'll refuse." Shirou's smile faded, "This is a serious manner. Your master requested she'll help him by being your master. No one else should be." The man opened his eyes and gazed at me, I flinched. The man continued to stare at me. Shirou then spoke up, "I guess you two will need some place to talk. The garden will be good." I nodded and kept my head down as I walked out. Not feeling the Lancer of Red following me.

Fate: Apocrypha जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें