Cursed (Aarmau 4)

Date: 3/12/19

Author: Gamer

Aphmau Irene Lorde, daughter of a noble man and woman, roamed around the small town of Falcon Claw holding a book in her hands. The book told the history of Falcon Claw and its ruling family, the Lycans.
History told that the Lycan family had been here for generations.. The generation that rules now had two children, a daughter named Melissa, and a son named Aaron.
Before Aaron was born, Falcon claw was at its peak. Trade with other villages were at their highest, and businesses prospered.. In the wake of Aaron's birth, a sorceress came to seek shelter from an oncoming storm from the lord and his wife. Selfishness and concern for his family overwhelmed the Lord and he turned the sorceress away to brave the storm. Before being forced out, she cursed the family. She stated that their next born child will hinder the village's prosperity until that child found love.. That happened 18 years ago, and the village had been declining ever since..
Everyone was getting ready for the Lords ball, an event held yearly since Aaron turned 15 to hope to find him love. Aphmau had not gone to the first two balls, and Aaron had not found love. However this year would be different, as Aphmau was being forced to go to the ball by her parents..
"But Mom! I'm not a little kid! You can't force me to go I'm 17!" She pleaded.
"You live under our roof-" her mother started.
"You abide by our rules." Her father finished.
"Ugh!" She growls and storms up to her room and flung herself onto her bed..
Her mother soon came up behind her.. "Sweetheart, do you want to see your dress for tomorrow night..?"
"Uuugh!" Aphmau sat up. "I guess.." her mother opened her closet doors to reveal a sparkling purple dress, making Aphmau gasp..
"Woah!? That's so pretty!? And I get to wear it!?"
"Calm down, yes, its yours." Her mother smiled.
The big night slowly made its dawn upon Aphmau. It took 4 hours total to get her ready, mainly because she wouldn't sit still for long periods of time.. finally when she was ready.
She came out into the living room stumbling slightly.
"Why do I have to wear these stupid lady stilts!?" She growls.
"Because its lady like." Her mother chides.
"And because Aaron Lycan is taller than you. Don't you want to look him in the eyes when you dance..?" Her father teased.
"That's if he wastes his time on a dance with me.."Aphmau sighed..
"Oh sweetie.. Don't talk like that, you have no clue how Aaron will choose!" Her mother says.
"If he chooses.." Aphmau sighed..
"We didn't raise you to doubt yourself." Her farther stated strictly..
"Do you know how many other girls are going to be there dad..."
"Doesn't matter.." her mother chided. "Now go, or you'll be late! The carriage is out front!"
Aphmau scurried off to the door and climbed into the carriage, waiting for a magical night to unfold..
When she arrived at the hall where the ball was being held she gasps in amazement.. The hall was beautifully decorated with shades of red. Aaron Lycan sat behind a large table beside his sister and parents. An hour passed and dinner had been served. Aphmau had been one of the best when it came to table manners. Aaron walked past the tables, tapping girls on the shoulder. Any girl he tapped were not suited for his time and were escorted out. He passed by Aphmau and tapped the poor girl to her right..
The remaining 15 girls were each asked to dance by Aaron. Aphmau was unfortunately the last girl.. She sat patiently, reading an interesting book she had gotten from one of the shelves in the hall.. She tried to paid no mind to the girls running past in tears. Eventually she got called back..
"Miss Lorde?" Melissa called and Aphmau walked up slowly and professionally.. They passed through a curtain to an empty dance floor, where Aaron stood alone in the center. He bowed to her and she returned the gesture.
"Aaron Lycan.. And you are..?" He asked, sounding rather bored and tired of repeating the same rehearsed lines..
"Aphmau Lorde." She states.. "The third oldest family in town, second only to the--"
"The Romeaves." Aaron finished her sentence smirking as he took her hand. The orchestra that was behind them started to play a slow song. Aarom lead the dance.
"The Lorde's are the second richest in town too aren't they?" He asked, he truly felt something different with this girl.
"Yes, second to your family." Aphmau smiles as he dipped her, she too had begun to feel something. Aaron spun her out of the dip then pulls her up against his chest. She was about a foot shorter than he was, and his chin rested on her jet black head of hair..
Melissa came back into view, looking for the signal to split them apart but it never came. They danced so late into the night that the violinists' strings had snapped, they checked the time and it was well passed midnight..
"I'll show her home." Aaron stated and lead Aphmau out..
"You feel it too right..? The spark..?" He asked.
"If you mean the butterflies in my stomach then yes.." she blushed as he helped her into the carriage..
When they reached her house, they found the door was locked.. Aaron sent the driver away with the horses and made the carriage into a tent sorta..
"Are you alright with me sleeping here with you, or would you rather I return home?" He asked.
"Stay." She answered swiftly and kissed his cheek...
Legend states that after that night, after Aaron had found true love with Aphmau, Falcon Claw once again became prosperous.. Aphmau had married Aaron soon after he became the lord, and they had two beautiful daughters. Lilith was the first, and Alina was the second, both girls would grow to help the town prosper even further, until they all lived happily ever after...