Switched (Aarmau 9)

Date: 4-30-19

Author: Rose

Aaron quickly fixes his suit and steps into the elevator nervously.
"Irene it's hot..." The doors open and Aaron steps out to find himself face to face with his boss.
"Lycan, what are you doing?" Aphmau asks and Aaron swallows hard.
"I... Needed to talk to you..." Aaron answers quietly and Aphmau leads him to her office.
"What is so important that you needed to stop me from my lunch break?" Aphmau asks as she sits down.
"I..." Aaron gathers himself and sighs.
"Aph... Alina needs you..." Aaron whispers and Aphmau snaps her head up.
"What did you say?" Aaron looks up into his ex-wife's eyes and grabs her hand.
"Our daughter needs you... I... Aphmau I love you so much but you let work take over your life... Your family needed you and you weren't there." Aaron says, Aphmau rubs her temple and stands up abruptly.
"You're fired. Get out of my office."

"Again?" Alina asks as she stares at the same meal she's had all week.
"Lina... I... I'm sending you to live with your Aunt and Uncle." Aaron blurts out.
"W-What... No you can't!" Alina yells and Aaron looks down at his hands and refuses to look his daughter in the eyes.
"I post my wife... I lost my job... I'm not going to lose you as well... You need a real home... Real food... Parents who'll be there for you and that can provide for you..." Alina let's a few tears escape and she hugs Aaron hard.
"No... I love you dad... I'm not leaving you..." Aaron hugs his daughter back and holds her close.
"You have too... Before you're taken from me for good..." Alina nods and kisses her father cheek as he gives her a weak smile.
"Let's go watch a movie huh...?" Alina nods and follows him into the living room.
"Mother's day is coming up..." Alina whispers and Aaron sighs.
"I wish I could have met her... I barely remember her..." Aaron nods and rubs his daughters back.
"She was amazing... The second best thing to ever happen to me..." Alina looks up at her dad quizzically and he laughs.
"You were the first."

"Irene what am I doing..." Aphmau asks herself as she stares at Aaron's front door.
"I can't do this..." Aphmau turns to leave but is stopped when the door opens.
"Excuse me ma'am are you okay?" Alina asks and Aphmau stares at her daughter.
"Y-yeah I'm fine... I'm your father's boss..." Aphmau whispers the last part and Alina smiles.
"Oh, please come in! He's taking a call right now but I'm sure he'll be done soon." Aphmau walks inside and frowns at the small dirty interior.
"It's not much but it's a place to live..." Alina explains and Aphmau nods.
"Here, sit down please." Alina offers Aphmau a chair and she takes it.
"Coffee?" Aphmau shakes no and Alina laughs.
"My dad loves coffee, he used to have to hide it from my mom because she hated the smell of it..." Aphmau feels her chest start to hurt with guilt and Alina sits across from her.
"I met your mother..." Aphmau whispers and Alina looks up.
"What was she like?" Aphmau takes a deep breath before starting.
"She... Used to be just like you... Happy, energetic, a kind person who always put others before herself... But she wanted to be more for her family... She wanted you to be so proud of her... She wanted you to have everything in the world and never have to be poor and treated like dirt like she was but... She went crazy with that fantasy and ended up losing everything..." Alina looks down at her mug of coffee and smiles.
"I'd forgive her no matter what... She had the right idea she just... Got carried away and she's my mom I couldn't hate her forever." Aaron gasps as he enters the room and the two look at him.
"What are you doing here you fired me..." Aaron says and Alina looks at Aaron angrily.
"You didn't tell me you got fired?! Is that the real reason I'm leaving?!" Aphmau looks at Alina and gasps.
"You're leaving?! Why?!" Aaron opens his mouth to talk but Alina talks first.
"He can't support us both so I'm going out of state to live with my aunt and uncle." Aphmau turns to Aaron angrily and grabs him.
"Aaron Shad Lycan are you nuts?!" Aaron stares at Aphmau for a.monute before smiling.
"Why are you smiling at me?" Aphmau says as she starts to calm down.
"I... Remember why I fell in love with you Aph... Your sass, kindness, your heart..." Aaron says as he places his hand on her cheek.
"What happened...?" Aphmau starts to tear up and she hugs Aaron pushing her face into his chest.
"I just... I wanted you to have the best Aaron... I wanted you to know how much you meant to me... You were my world, my only family and I ended up losing you in the end... I wanted to make you so proud of me..." Aaron holds Aphmau close to his chest and Alina just stares.
"What the f-"

"Oh my Irene that was the best sleep I've had in years..." Aaron says as he sits up in Aphmau's bed.
"Stupid morning person... Go back to bed so I can go back to bed..." Aphmau mumbles and Aaron laughs.
"Sorry hun but you have work remember?" Aaron says and Aphmau giggles.
"Yeah right, I quit." Aaron turns Aphmau towards himself and Aphmau's eyes widen.
"You what?! Why?!" Aphmau grabs Aaron's arms and they immedietly relax.
"I have enough money put away from my business that I won't need to work for a long time and neither will you, now go back to sleep." Aaron rolls his eyes and cuddles Aphmau from behind.
"I forgot how small you were." Aphmau gasps and smacks Aaron's arm.
"How dare you?!" The two laugh and Alina steps into their room quietly.
"Mom, dad, breakfast is ready." She says happily and Aaron nods.
"Give us a sec." Alina walks out and Aaron smiles at Aphmau.
"I love you."
"I love you so much more."

A/N: I know I know it was really bad but I wanted to get a chapter up on time for once and I haven't gotten a single rest day since my trip last week. I got back from my trip Saturday, slept and saw Avengers: Endgame Sunday, track meet Monday, and here we are Tuesday. I hope you all had a lovely week!