Chapter Six , Welcome to the Underground

Chapter Six

Welcome to the Underground

"Oh my goodness!" You look to where the voice came from and see a surprised Toriel standing in the shadows of the doorway on the far side of the room. You can tell that Frisk is about to break down and you grab her hand.

"Uh... Hi! I'm y/n, and this is Frisk. Do you know where we are?"

"Oh, yes," She steps out of the shadows and you take a step back, dragging Frisk with you, pretending to be surprised.

"Oh! Please, do not be afraid, my children. I am Toriel, caretaker of the ruins... I pass through this place everyday to see if anyone has fallen down. You are the first human to come here in a long time. Come! I will guide you through the catacombs." Toriel calls the last part to you over her shoulder as she walks back through the door she came from.

"Sooo, we follow her?"

"I-I think? I'm not sure, I still don't remember..."

"Huh- well Toriel is like the nicest person on earth sooo, I think we should follow her."

"Y-yeah, let's go."

"Come along children!" Toriel called from down the corridor. You take Frisks' hand and together you walk through the door.

You and Frisk emerge into a massive purple hall; Crumbling pillars line the sides, stretching up into the darkness above. Toriel stands patiently at the end of the hall, hands behind her back smiling at you.

"Keep up children~" She said, her voice echoing down the hall to you. You and Frisk start off down the path, about half way through, toriel turns and walks up the stairs behind her. You walk the rest of the way across the hall and up the stairs. At the top of the stairs you notice Frisk is no-longer following you, you turn around and see her at the bottom standing with her hand out, staring at space.

"The Ruins are full of puzzles, ancient fusions between diversions and door keys." Toriel told us while she stepped on buttons on the floor. "One must solve them to pass." She concluded, flipping a switch on the wall before continuing to the next room. You looked around the room you were in; it was square and made of the same purple brick as the previous one. On the far side was the door Toriel had exited through and on the wall next to it was a plaque with some writing engraved on it. You start to walk over to it when Frisk stops you and starts talking in a strange monotone voice,

"Only the fearless may proceed, brave ones, foolish ones, both walk not the middle rode." You look at her surprised before glancing over at the plack on the wall, sure enough. Sure enough, it said those exact words.

"Frisk! You're remembering!"

"I think your ri-... no, no it's gone again." She sighed. "Let's just go, don't want to keep mo- Toriel waiting."

"I- right." You glance over at Frisk. As you're walking, she seems so sad, she's nothing like her usual self. You clench your fists. You want to do anything you can to help Frisk, you want to do everything in your power to make her happy again. You're sure you can do it, you're sure you can, you're SURE.

Your filled

With DETERMINATION

"Press Z to read signs? What does that mean? y/n?" You snap out of your day-dreaming,

"Huh? What?"

"Nevermind." After making a joke about the other sign in the room you and Frisk continue down the path, after crossing a bridge across a river you reached Toriel,