Chapter Eight , The Void?

Chapter Eight

The Void?

You reach your hand out towards Frisk, who is quickly disappearing above you. What's happening? You know that you had fallen through the floor in the Ruins, but this doesn't seem anything like the other traps you've encountered. You weren't in the Ruins anymore, and there wasn't a bed of leaves to catch you this time. It was all just black.

The hole you fell through closes above you, cutting you and Frisk off completely.

"Frisk!"

You call out to her, but your voice is completely swallowed by the emptiness.

"Frisk!!!" You call again. "FRISK!!"...

But nobody came..

No. You think, This can't happen. You promised that you would make her happy again. Promised you would bring back her smile. Tears start forming in your eyes. You know that after falling for this long, if you did hit the ground, you'd die. Leaves or not.

The wind is howling past you, whisking away the tears streaming from your eyes. You can't lose her. You can't. You need to protect her. You have to get back to her. You feel something welling up inside you. You HAVE to.

You WILL.

.....

But you can't.

You're filled

With Despair

"Child of the void." A deap, distorted voice emanates from the darkness. Your eyes fly open and you whip your head around in search of the speaker.

"Who's there?!"

"I was once known as Gaster." the Voice said, not unkindly, but it was still creepy.

"Did you bring me here?"

"Yes."

"WHY?! And where am I?"

"You are in the Void, child." The Void? Why was that so familiar?

"You have a very special soul." Soul. That's it. That's where you heard it. A void soul.

"What's so special about it?"

"It is.. Complicated."

"Complicated? How?"

"It is not of your existence. It is directly connected to this place."

"The void?"

"Yes, in fact it is more similar to that of the demons residing here than it is to your fellow humans."

"Demons? Does that mean you're a demon?"

"Ahaha, no child. I was once of your world, a Royal Scientist. But there was an accident. I was shattered across time and space and cast out here." The Royal Scientist? The one Before Dr. Alphys? You gasp as you suddenly remember Frisk.

"Gaster! I don't know why you brought me here, but you need to send me back! I need to get back to Frisk!"

"Not yet. There is more to say."

"Then talk dammit!"

"Do not worry child. Your companion is fine. Now, I must warn you, you are not meant to be here."

"What?"

"Your existence is causing glitches. The barrier was not meant to break from the reincarnations being there because there were only six. You were not supposed to be there. That is ok however, your existence then merely means that this timeline is unique. When you followed Frisk through the reset however, it caused problems."

"Is that why we can't remember things?"

"Yes child."

"So what do we do?"

"The only solution I have seen is to remove both of you from the timeline. Once that happens, I can fix it but you two will be stuck outside of it in the Multiverse. Once this happens, I can no longer interfere."

"So we can't get back?"

"You may be able to, however it will be difficult, and you may have to travel through many AUs."

"AUs?"

"My apologies, Alternate universes."

"O-oh.." Your head is spinning. This is alot to take in. "So how can we travel between universes?"

"With this." Your soul comes floating out of your chest "You will need to learn to control it, and use it to travel from one universe, through the void, and to the next."

"I can do that??" You're shocked. Sans did say he might be able to use your soul to open a portal, but to be able to do it on your own? At will?

"Theoretically yes."

"Theoretically?"

"It will require practice, and that's still only if my hypothesis is correct. If it is, you will need to make the trip, or this universe stands no chance"

"Will it be dangerous?"

"Probably"

"Are you sure it's the only choice?"

"Yes. But I will not force you. Just consider it. Please. If you decide to make the journey, call my name, and I will bring you back. I'll be watching." You nod, thanking Gaster who tells you you will be leaving the void. You look down and see light below you. You continue falling and go through the hole in the blackness.

"UUF!" You hear Frisk scream and the thud of another body hitting the ground. You squint, eyes still adjusting to the brightness of the Ruins as compared to the pitch blackness of the Void. As your vision returns, you see Frisk scrambling to her feet. It looks like she's been crying.

"Y/N!" She rushes to your side and helps you sit up "Oh my god!" She buries herself in your chest and begins to sob. You hug her and lean your back against the closest wall. Feeling something next to you, you turn to see Chara on her knees next to you.

"We were really worried." She whispers to you, as she slides her hips off from where they were resting on her feet. She leans against you, resting her head on your shoulder, her legs curled up next to her. You look down at Frisk whose breathing has evened out into slow, calm breaths. She must've cried herself to sleep. You're not sure what time it is, but watching her sleep, and the warmth of her and Chara quickly start to make your eyes heavy. Is it already night? You don't know what time it was when you fell, but there was definitely daylight coming through the hole. How long have you been down here anyway? As you recede into your thoughts, you too fall into a peaceful sleep. It's been one hell of a day.

(AN: Welp, you're out of the void and back with your girls. Seems like they've been worried. And on top of that, now you've got quite the decision to make.)