Chapter Nine , Glitches

Chapter Nine

Glitches

You open your eyes, squinting at your surroundings. Recalling where you are, you blink the sleep out of your eyes and see Frisk and Chara still sleeping on you soundly. You gently shake them awake. Frisk moans and curls up a little more, snuggling into you. You shake her again and she opens her eyes and looks up at you. You smile at her.

"Morning sleepyhead." She blinks before stretching and yawning, quickly joined by Chara who sits up and stops leaning on you. You take your chance and stand up as well, stretching.

"Oh man I'm sore!" You complain, cracking your back.

"Really?" Frisk looks up and you from her perch on the floor "I was pretty comfy all night."

"Yeah same." Chara agrees, standing and leaning on the wall.

"Well I'm glad you two enjoyed it." You say sourly.

"Oh whatever. You got to sleep with the hottest and the cutest girl around and you're complaining about it?"

"U-uh yeah.." You look down blushing and rub the back of your neck. "Guess you have a point. Sorry." You look up at Chara and see a devilish smirk on her face. She's messing with you.

"I mean the hot one is dead so does it really count?" You ask, trying to get back at her.

She pauses for a moment before regaining her composure and replying.

"I dunno. I think that might make it better~" She starts walking up to you seductively.

"Charaaa stop flirting with himmm!"

"H-hey! I wasn't-" The flustered girl stops her retaliation mid way when she sees the now fully awake Frisk's knowing smile. "Oh whatever!"

After a little more friendly banter, Frisk gets a more serious face.

"So y/n, what actually happened yesterday?" Right. Yesterday.

Taking a moment to gather your thoughts, you begin to explain. You tell them about The Void, Gaster, and how you're causing problems in the Timeline.

"Geeze." Frisk looks at you "so what do we do?"

"Well, Gaster said he can fix the Timeline somehow"

"Well that's good!"

"Yeah, but we'll have to leave for him to do it. Because we are anomalies who affect the Timeline, and also the reason for the glitches, we can't be part of the universe when he does whatever he's going to do."

"Wait," Chara says, shaking her head "Leave the Timeline? How?"

"I'm not entirely sure to be honest." You think back to the conversation. "Something about the void... and my soul? *sigh* The worst part is, we won't be getting back easy. Gaster told me he can't help us once we're out of this Universe, and it might be hard and dangerous to find our way home."

"Holdup." The demon stops you again. "How do we know we can even trust this guy?"

"He said he was the Royal Scientist before Alphys.."

"He could be lying."

"Well-"

"I don't think so." Frisk chimes in, "Chara, do you remember that one run when we found the grey door in Waterfall?"

"Yeah."

"Well, the guy we met there was calling himself Gaster too, and his voice sounded the same as y/n described. Not only that, but Sans had that picture of them together, and he's super sciency! Plus Alphys told us there was an accident with the Core before she became the Royal Scientist!"