Chapter 3

"Yah Hyung...you feeling okay? "

Baekhyun said softly as he scooted his chair over to peek into Yifan's work cubicle.

"Mmmhmm...."

Came an incoherent reply as Yifan picked himself off the table top and smiled briefly at the smaller male. Baekhyun smiled back softly before turning back to his computer to settle the Kindergarten's logistics and calendar events to be printed for the next year.

"I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your birthday celebration last night Yifan, I was up all night typing the results into the children's report books and I still've got 4 classes to go..."

Baekhyun hummed as the sound of his slim fingers drumming over the keyboard began again.

"It's alright...there wasn't really much going on anyways,"

Yifan chuckled, the image of Lay flashing in his mind for a millisecond before he snapped back to reality

"And hey...if you need help with the data entering I don't mind filling in for you after work today. I don't think I have anything on tonight anyways."

The black haired male blinked as he turned to Yifan, halting his work. It took him a few seconds to process the older's words before he broke into his signature eye smile gratefully.

"J-jinja? Thank you Hyung. It helps a lot!"

He scrambled for his phone and Yifan mused at the way he unlocked the screen like the battery was going to die any second.

"Finally~ I can maybe have a proper date with Yeol tonight! "

He exclaimed happily and dialled a number before standing up and smiling thankfully to Yifan once more before exiting to the backyard.

Yifan chuckled softly as he adjusted his glasses. He took a sip of his straight black coffee, pretending to ignore the strange tightness in his chest as he heard Baekhyun conversing animatedly in Korean with his Boyfriend over the phone outside. Fingers ran through his platinum blonde locks as he heaved a small sigh and let that stupid smile stay on his face.

Lesson was starting in an hour. He had to stop thinking about him.

===================================

Yifan remembered stepping into a class full of little children, eyes wide and lips curled into holed smiles from missing teeth. Having them hug his khakis and pull at his pockets, begging to be carried just for a bit by "Kris-ge" before class began. Yifan let the kids call him that because he thought "Wu seongsanim" was a little hard for the students to say given their young age. He remembered holding 3 of them at once while dragging the rest over when they clinged to his legs as he shuffled towards the playing mat in front of the white board where he would began the first Lesson of the day.

Then there was math, and before he knew it, it was break time and the little kids ran out into the playground screaming to play with the others when Yifan unlocked the picket fence and let them loose.

Yifan chuckled as he watched from afar, feeling a familiar presence as Luhan stepped to stand beside him with a smile on his face as well. They watched silently, wordlessly having a conversation until Yifan catches sight of a girl with long coal black hair trip over a another boy's foot. Yifan was just about to dart forward to help her up when Luhan rested a calm hand on his shoulder and pulled him back.

"Yah...relax ge..."

He laughed gently and pointed out as the Girl merely brushed herself off as she stood up and helped the boy up to stand beside her.

"I know you are usually a worry rat and you care about the kids here a lot...but you seem a little extra jumpy today...and you would have thought last night would calm your nerves"

Luhan said coyly and looked up to the blonde haired man who had seemingly gone rigid under his grasp.

Luhan noticed his change in demeanor and narrowed his eyes, giving Yifan's shoulder a light, reassuring squeeze as he spoke again, dropping the topic for now.

"Anyways...we've got a new Part time music teacher! I introduced my kids to him this morning and he seemed pretty friendly~ Chinese with Bright eyes and a nice body I gotta say... beneath his thick hoodie and all, and his ass...damned to hell, he is totally your type! "

Luhan cooed as he bit his lower lip and winked for emphasis as he leaned back a bit, nudging Yifan in the side. Yifan could only shoot him a bitch face as he shook his head.

"Yah Luhan, if it's his first day and you are already checking him out like that I think it really says something."

The younger boy cackled with laughter and covered his mouth slightly with a delicate hand at the older's reply and merely jutted his chin in the direction of the music room.

"Just don't look now, here he comes~"

Yifan raised an eyebrow questioningly as he turned and spotted a figure emerge from the music room with a guitar slung across his back. Baggy black and white stripped hoodie that hung across his thighs and a pair of skinny denim jeans that hugged his thin legs gracefully, almost as if painted on by a brush.

"Mmmhmm...I'd tap that."

Luhan sing-songs Yifan clucked his tongue and nods in approval. They watch a bit as the boy fumbled with the lock, hair askew and a pair of large, goofy spectacles sitting on the bride of his nose.

"He's not a minor though he looks like it. He claims he is just a 19 year old trying to get through music and dance college. But i don't buy the fake ID"

Luhan brooded and sniffed indifferently as he folded his arms across his chest. Yifan simply chuckled in disbelief and continued to watch the boy make the mistake to walk through the picket fence through the playground. About half the children in the yard turned their heads and smiled and screeched as they caught sight of the man.

"Xing-xingggggggg!"

Luhan stifled a giggle as the man got tackled and pelted with a series of small weights, one child even launching himself from the monkey bars onto the latter's shoulders.

"Apparently the kids call him Xing-Xing...weird huh?"

The pink haired man said while patting Yifan on the back and smiling bright as the day.

"You think we should help him?"

Yifan deadpanned, seemingly amused at the younger man's plight as light sounds of exclaimation came from the struggling man in the playground who had about 20 children at his feet.

"Nah. He should have known better than to have walked into that warzone."

Luhan said, disinterested after thinking about it for a while, waving it off and turnning on his heel to walk to the kitchen.

"I'ma go help Soo with the lunch preperations....i'll see you in a bit ge~"

Yifan hummed as to respond and leaned against the pillar with his thumbs hooked in the belt loops of his khakis. He chuckled to himself as the boy let out a particulary loud squeal and gets tugged to the ground by his sleeves by the small children bombarding him. He took a small step forward, ready to unlock the picket fence to the playground. But just as he stepped into the ground-rubber of the floor and looked up to see giggling children turning their attention to him, the boy...Xing-Xing was gone, dashing off to the teacher break room like hejust saw a ghost. Yifan felt small hands grabbing and pulling on his pants and sleeves, the high, joyful voices yeling his name. But nothing registered as he watched the slim boy dart down the corridor, Guitar case bouncing atop his back. Weird.

how very, very strange

===========================================================

XD moarrrrr coming soon~! hope u enjoy the twist O uO more coming~~~

-Kitty