❝i'm glad i don't sound like someone's grandmother❞

Hotline Girl | Pizza Boy

~

"Hi!"

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Hey! Um, this is going to sound super weird, but it's me. The girl from the Wattpad Helpline."

"...Hotline girl? What are you doing calling me for once? Are you finally here to admit that I'm funny?"

"...well, no, sorry. I'm just wanted to tell you that I'm not going be at the helpline for a while."

"Wait, what? Why?"

"I got a college interview! But it's in another state. I know it sounds weird, me calling you, considering that we barely know anything about each other, but I didn't want you to call the helpline and wonder why I'm not picking up."

"..."

"Hello? Pizza boy?"

"Yeah, sorry, I'm still here. Thanks for telling me, hotline girl. I'll miss you when you're gone. Can't wait for you to be back so I can irritate you again, though."

"Ha, irritating me has become part of your weekly routine, huh?"

"See, now that you say it like that, it makes me seem like I'm a huge douche."

"Hey, those were your own words, pizza boy."

"Touché, hotline girl, you've got me there."

"...Listen, I thought I'd be transparent here."

"Yikes, this sounds serious. Are you finally going to admit you write Backstreet Boys fanfiction?"

"I was actually going to say I might be quitting the helpline job."

"...Oh."

"Yeah, I mean. It was a part-time gig anyways while I was at school. But while you were gone...school ended for me. I'll be heading to college soon. Unless I go to a school nearby, I'm probably quitting."

"...Oh."

"You sound disappointed."

"I just never knew you were still in high school."

"Oh yeah? How old did you think I was?"

"I thought you were sixty or something."

"Hilarious. Seriously though, do I sound super old?"

"Nah, I just pegged you for someone older, that's all."

"Well...I'm glad I don't sound like someone's grandmother."

"Trust me, you sound great."

"Thanks! Pretty sure that's the only nice thing you've ever said about me..."

"I thought you'd want something nice to remember me by."

"You're making this seem like I'm going to die or something."

"I'm just saying that I'm going to miss our conversations if you do end up leaving. I hate to sound sappy, but they really were the highlight of my week."

"Aww, pizza boy. You have a heart after all. Thank you for that. I really enjoyed our discussions as well."

"Good luck on your college interview, hotline girl."

"Order a few pizzas for me, pizza boy."

"Will do."

A/N:

I hope you've enjoyed this chapter of Wattpad Helpline! Please vote and comment if you enjoyed :)

A few questions for my lovely readers: 

A) Do you think hotline girl is going to come back or nah? 

B) Give me your theories! Do you believe hotline girl writes Backstreet Boys fanfiction and she's just denying it? Hmmmm...

All these questions will be answered soon!

Stay tuned!

- Evie