❝and yet, i can't stop missing him❞

Harper/Hotline girl | Louise

~

"Hey Harper, it's me, Louise."

"Oh, hey Louise! I wasn't expecting a call from you today. It's a bit late. I thought you'd already be sleeping. That, or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy."

"You clearly know me too well! Grey's Anatomy is the best."

"Haha! Anyways, what's up?"

"Oh, nothing much. I just wanted to call and tell you that Will's been calling the helpline place a lot lately."

"Pizza boy's still calling there?"

"Yep. Trust me, I'm just as surprised as you are. That guy's dedicated."

"Is he still asking for me?"

"Yeah, why else would he call the helpline of a site he rarely uses?"

"Yeah, I guess that makes sense. God, Louise, what do I do?"

"Well, do you like him?"

"...in what way?"

"In whatever way you feel."

"I mean...ugh, why are feelings so damn complicated? I - I really like him, Louise. We got on so well together. He was funny. He made me laugh."

"...But?"

"But I don't know if I feel any deeper than that. Do I miss him? Yes. I miss our conversations and our inside jokes and how he made a boring job so much more fun and exciting. But do I...love him? I...I don't know."

"Do you want me to tell him that you're quitting the job?"

"I mean...I don't know, Louise. Everything's so confusing lately. I'm going to college soon, Mom's still sick, I'm in the midst of figuring my life out and there's this guy in the middle of it. Like you said, he shouldn't be anything important. He's just a random guy. I've never even met him. And yet..."

"Yet what?"

"And yet, I can't stop missing him."

"Harper...I really wish I could help in some way. You know I'm always here for you, right?"

"Yeah, of course. Louise, you're honestly such a great friend. Who else would I rant to?"

"Heh, that's a good point. But, seriously, if there's anything you want me to do, just tell me."

"Well...I was wondering if I could ask you one thing..."

"Sure! What is it? Fire away."

"Do you think, just maybe...that Will and I could get together? Like, meet each other?"

"You mean...a date?!"

"No, no. I'm not ready for that yet! I was just wondering, maybe it would be nice to finally meet in person, y'know? Just grab a cup of coffee and chat."

"What if he lives, like, at the other end of the States, though?"

"To be honest, Louise, I don't think that's the case. It's stupid, really, just a gut feeling...but I feel like he's close by. Just around a corner."

"Well, I don't see any harm. I'll be sure to ask him and make sure he's secretly not an axe murderer or anything. Is that all?"

"Yes, that's all, Louise. Thank you."

"You're welcome, bestie."

A/N:

Things are starting to get heated! I really enjoyed writing this chapter. It was super interesting delving in Harper's conflicting feelings about Will. How do you think their meeting (not a date!) will go?

If you guys enjoyed this chapter, please remember to vote and comment! They make my day :)

- Evie