5. Slave traders

"You all right?" Caspian asked Edmund as he started to get up slowly "Yeah" Edmund answered "They took our weapon, also my sword, I have to get it back" Simon said. "Is just a sword" Caspian said and Simon looked at him "No, is not just a sword, is a magic sword, is the only thing I have from my father, he gave it to me, before he disappeared" Simon said causing Caspian and Edmund to looked at him "Who was your father?" Caspian asked, "My father was a man name Lord Octesian" Simon said, causing their eyes to widened "What?" Simon asked looking at them "You are him, the lost son of Lord Octesian" Caspian said, "You know my father?" Simon asked and Caspian nodded "Yes, he was one of the seven lord who served under my father" Caspian said, "Do you know where your father is?" Edmund asked "No, to protect me, he gave me to a family, who lived in a small village when I was a kid, and before he left, he told me that I shall never tell anyone who my real father was, he then gave me his sword and told me to never lose it, he then boarded his ship, sailed away and I have not heard from him since" Simon said, "Don't worry, we will find your father and all the other Lords" Caspian said, Simon just nodded.

"How did you get the ability to fly?" Edmund asked and Simon looked at him "I don't know. Four years ago, I decided to sail out and find my father, so I bought a little boat, and sail out on the ocean, but it was cold and it stormed a lot. I don't know what happen, but my boat rolled around and I felled off, I tried to swim to the surface, but it was too cold and I started to ran out of air. Suddenly anything went dark and it was not so cold anymore." Simon said.

Caspian and Edmund looked at him "You died?" Caspian asked and Simon nodded "I think so" he said, "But how?" Edmund asked confused "I don't know what happen, but after a few minutes, I opened my eyes and it was like I was carry up from the water by the air. I saw the ice break and I was carried up from the ice and I saw the night sky, the stars, the moon, and suddenly I was over the ground and up in the sky, it was like I was reborn. I've had the ability to fly ever since" Simon said and looked at Caspian and Edmund who looked confused "I think it was a gift from Aslan, that he told me that my life on the ground was not over yet" Simon said, "Luckily I didn't get immortal. I wouldn't be able to see everyone around me died and I was the only one left, I wouldn't handel it" he finished. 

"What happen after this?" Caspian asked and Simon looked at him "I try to flew around Narnia asking people about the lords, but they were afraid of me" he said "Why?" Edmund asked, "Because I think they were not use to see a flying boy. Every time I met someone, they either got scared and ran or ignore me, like I was invisible. I felt more alone than ever. Then one day, I met Clara, and she was the only and first person I have met that didn't ignore me or was afraid of me, and thanks to her, people started to accept me, and not ignore me or be afraid of me. I owe Clara so much, she help be the one I'm today, I don't know what had happen, if I had not met her" Simon said looking at them. "I am sorry about our past and what happen to you about people being afraid of you" Caspian said "Is okay, what is life without challenges" Simon said with a smiled, turned around and walked over to the gate before he started hitting the door with his leg.

"It is hopeless, You'll never get out" A voice said, cutting him off. "Who's there?" Edmund asked. "Nobody, just a voice in your head" the voice said, Simon walked closer to where the voice was coming from. "Lord Bern?" he asked, shocked as he saw one of his father's friends. Lord Bern looked at Simon "You looked like my friend Octesian" Lord Bern said and Simon smiled "I am his son, Simon" he said and Lord Bern looked at him "Simon is that you" he said and Simon nodded "You have grown, last time I saw you, you were a kid and looked at you now, you are a man, you look like your father" Bern said and Simon smiled, before he looked at Caspian "Caspian is Lord Bern" he said and Caspian walked closer to Lord Bern "That was me once. I do not deserve that title anymore" Lord Bern answered, "Is he one of the seven?" Edmund asked, looking at Caspian and Simon who nodded. "Your face. You remind me of a king that I once know" Lord Bern said looking closely to Caspian "That man was my father" Caspian said. "My Lord, please forgive me" Lord Bern, started to bow down, but Caspian stopped him.