Chapter 9- is it misunderstanding?

LEYLAS POV:
the flight continued on our way to new zealand.
ruel continued to snapchat me telling me he's just in a bad mood...i mean considering the amount of pressure he's under at age 15 it's understandable.
i text him
"ruel i'm your girlfriend you should just tell me when your annoyed ok? i love you."
i hit send and press play on my music

best part by daniel caesar and h.e.r

i hit play and millions of emotions run through my head. even though me and ruel didn't really 'fall out' it has still made me realise how much i love this boy. he really is my everything. i clench onto my phone and listen to the lyrics. i miss ruel. i miss his presence and his voice. 1 hour into the flight as in drifting off i get another snapchat from ruel

i miss u. can i swap with chelsea?

your the one who decided to sit somewhere else? but yes ok.

am i being harsh? chelsea smiles at me softly and hugs be before getting up to swap with dylan. ruel comes over and slumps himself in the seat next to me. i give him the impression i'm annoyed.
"leyla i-"
"it doesn't matter Ruel i know your stressed. it's fine. i promise"
he says nothing back but moves closer to me and rests his head on my lap to go to sleep. i sit stroking his middle parted hair before we both eventually sleep for the last 2 hours of the flight.

RUELS POV:
this whole situation has made me realise how much i fucking love leyla. i don't ever want to lose this girl and i'm afraid i will after this new zealand show. after moving to sit next to her i fall a sleep.
"ruel" i hear her soft voice waking me up i blink and stretch before getting my hand luggage and heading off the plane. i grab leylas hand and hold it tightly the whole way through the airport, we get through customs and wait for our bags. leyla leans on me, she's so cute the way her head fits perfectly on my chest. that's one pro of being 6'3 i guess.

eventually we make our way out only to find fans at the arrival area...at 1 in the morning!!! dedication is an understatement. i force my self to wake up and i go and take photos with them. they really are the best people.

LEYLAS POV:
wow fans waited for him at this time? that's crazy.. i stand back and let him take photos and talk to them.

they all seem so happy to meet him it genuinely warms my heart

they all seem so happy to meet him it genuinely warms my heart. i'm over the petty jealousy, i know he's serious and so am i.

fast forward a few hours and we're checked into our hotel about to go to sleep, the tiredness is tooo much! ruels phone buzzed again..
a sad expression fills his face
"you okay" i ask nicely
"what?" he snaps back
"jheeez sorry. calm it kermit"
a get a tight horrible feeling in my stomach. was it that same person???
he dashed to the toilet leaving his phone unlocked..surely i had to look? right?
my heart sank.

who is he planning to meet? i don't understand

who is he planning to meet? i don't understand. SURELY if it was his 'guy' friend he would be this secretive about it, or get this agitated at me for no reason. i hold in my tears. why am i all of a sudden emotional? is this really how much i love ruel?

RUELS POV:
i know it's wrong but we're just friends right?
her names Flo and i've known her all my life, she only moved out to new zealand last month, i mean yeah we used to be pretty close i don't know if she liked me like that? i definitely didn't and still don't like her like that she just seems so sure to meet me. she's really over confident and 'touchy'.
i've put on my social media's me and leyla so surely she knows i'm in a relationship?
why am i doing this? it's literally just a catch up. i'm overthinking it so much and it's making me snap towards leyla.

i walk out the bathroom to see leyla curled up on the bed facing the wall with her face buried into the hotel room pillow.

LEYLAS POV:
i cant hold it in anymore. the mystery and secretive side of ruel is really getting to me..why can't he just be honest? what is he hiding and why is it making him so snappy all of a sudden. i let a few tears run down my face when i hear ruels sweet voice
"leyla? a-are you okay?"
i don't reply.
i feel the weight of him on the bed and i feel him come closer to me. he says nothing but wraps his arm around me, i turn round still in tears and bury my head into his chest. he holds me tighter than before. no noise. no talking. just the pure, brutal silence of me and ruel.

RUELS POV:
i want to tell her so bad but if i do then she knows i've lied about who it is. i'm just not going to say anything and hope that she's upset for another reason. i will go tomorrow but only for a catch up then i will tell leyla, a horrible pit of guilt fills my stomach. is this really worth losing the person i love the most over? i hug her tighter and stroke her head until she drifts off. i lay awake. why am i doing this?