Chapter 16- secret talents & big things

RUELS POV:

Leylas voice is something else i was so shocked/surprised. we head towards the studio as she says
"ruel why am i so nervous?" she laughed as she said it
"don't be it's just me, you and m-phazes in the studio today"
she smiled softly and squeezed my hand tighter as we walked through the double doors into the studio.

we get in and warm up, i calm her nerves by ordering her an iced coffee. basic i know. Sarah (a grammy winning song writer) came in and shown us the bases of the song she wanted us to sing together, we added in our own little tweaks making it more personal to us, before i knew it we were on a roll and we were adding things so quickly.

LEYLAS POV:
i've never wrote a song. especially with a grammy winning writer!!! i'm so star struck but she's so humble and so is ruel so i feel at ease. i snap a photo for my snapchat of m-phazes and ruel

 i snap a photo for my snapchat of m-phazes and ruel

he looks so good. he's mine and that's the BEST THING EVER.

ruel starts playing pranks on them like the annoying person he is, dropping ice cubes down m-phazes and dylan joel's back. i roll my eyes at him but can't help but let out a laugh.

"wait guys" says m-phazes in a broad voice
"what?" relies ruel looking up from his phone
"you've just been nominated for an Aria award.."
ruels face dropped in shock
my belly turned
"oh my god" i say out loud
"Ruel that's INCREDIBLE!!!" says sarah dropping her pen.
"i cant believe it" says ruel as he looks at m-phazes
suddenly a huge grin crosses his face
"this is all because of you guys thank you so much" he says to all of us
sarah starts to clap and ruel texts the rest of his team thanking them for everything!!
"when's the show?" i say
"1 week from now!" says m-phazes!
he takes a whole load of phone calls and arranged everything for ruel.
ruel pulls me to the side and hugs me so tight in excitement and asked if i'm gonna come.
"DUH of course i'm coming ruel this is amazing i'm so fucking proud" i exclaim as i jump in excitement.
we finish the rest of the song and head out to celebrate at dinner i update my snapchat as we sit down and order our food, ruel sits opposite me and i can tell how happy he is.

as we eat we talk about the nomination and how far ruels coming and how it's only up from here, we gush over our song we wrote together and play around with the olives like the childish teenagers we are.
ruel updates his socials thanking everyone for the nomination
"i don't even expect to win the nomination is enough" he says.
we all cheers our drinks and make little speeches about how proud we are of ruel, his face blushes at everyone's comments about him and you can genuinely tell he is over the moon.

fast forward a few hours and we're back in the rented pent house eating cereal at 12:00am together. we blast tyler the creator and dance like complete idiots until we have 0 energy left, "Ruel i am so happy and proud of you"
"it doesn't even feel real" he replies
we both wind down and go to bed.

we wake up earlier than usual and go fro breakfast just me and ruel..Nevada has some nice diners.
"not long till we head back over to LA for the arias" he says as he eats his pancakes
"then all the way back over to complete the tour" i say
"this is so crazy" we both laugh.
"do you think you'll win?" i ask him
"honestly the nomination is enough..i- i don't expect to win"
"you deserve to win" i say with a smile.

FAST FORWARD TO THE DAY BEFORE THE ARIAS
we pack a small bag of stuff and leave the rest in our nevada penthouse.
we're close to LA so it's only a short drive over for a 2 night stay for the award show.
we head over and prepare for the big night! i chose a dress and ruel chooses an over sized suit that suits him SO WELL. the whole night before we are dancing, joking and having the best time really taking all of this crazy life in.

before i know it it's the next day, we get ready for the Arias and head over as a huge group. me and chelsea gossip over everything and anything in the back of the car...
"ruel are you nervous!?" asked chelsea excitedly
"just a bit" he says in a shaky tone.
he's very nervous..
we get there and ruel walks on the carpet doing interviews and in update my snapchat from afar.

i hope people get my sense of humour

RUELS POV:

i'm so fucking nervous as i walk the carpet doing interviews one asked
"we hear you have a special someone?.. tell us about that!"
"uhh yeah" i reply
"she's amazing and the most supportive, generous human i know and i am so happy to experience it all with her" i continued. i see that leyla heard and i smile over at her.
"well good luck for tonight ruel!" the interviewer carried on.
"thank you!" i say as i shake their hand and walk away.
i take photos with my team as we go to sit down, before we do i head over to leyla and hug her tightly. chelsea's  snapchat is once updated

 chelsea's  snapchat is once updated