Chapter 15- Stepping in & drunken nights

LEYLAS POV:
here we are. rehearsing for the show in nevada, my legs shake to the point i feel as if they're not even attached any more.
"you got this" says ruel as he makes his way to the front as we rehearse younger.
in the live version chelsea has a solo part, i was hoping i wouldn't have to do it but i do so THATS GREAT.
it's basically the bridge of younger where he sings
tryna get in touch with you but i don't know where you've been,
have a conversation but you never let me in
basically that part.
it's coming. my hands shake as i hold the mic to my face, suddenly it's my part
i forget all my surroundings and just sing closing my eyes.
i finish and there's silence i'm afraid to open my eyes...was i really that bad. i slowly open my eyes to see ruels face in complete shock.
"leyla you can sing?" he says in a confused tone. i stay silent and the rest of his team applaud me from the side stage.
"ruel why didn't you tell us leyla could sing like that?!"
"trust me..if i knew i would've told you!"
he looks at me in admiration and runs over to hug me.
i've never really sang properly i have 0 interest in my own voice but i guess singing for one show won't hurt?

the show soon has to start and i become as nervous as anything. i'm a shaking wreck behind the stage and i run over to ruel "i- i can't do this Ruel i'm so scared"
i cant even get my words out how am i meant to sing?!
"Leyla listen to me. if you weren't good at singing i wouldn't be letting you share this show with me. we get to do this together. they will love you..i promise you that"
i feel a little less nervous, what will they think of ruels girlfriend singing!?
"guys time to go!" says m-phazes as he hurried us up along.
"good luck guys!!" says chelsea from the side with a proud smile.
i get into position and the beginning of younger begins to play soon the light shines on my spot, i grab the mic and hold it close to my lips as i begin to sing the bridge ruel looks me eyes bringing out the pure emotion from me. after i've finished the whole crowd applauded and ruel claps along with them. this is crazy how is this happening to me?! i give a huge sigh of relief and help with the vocals of the other songs.

as the show finishes i hear people calling me over
"LEYLA!!! can we get a photo!!!" there was a huge mob of people
i do a double take...me? they want a photo with me?!
i run over and proceed to take photos with them
"your voice is amazing by the way!" says a girl
i smile and say "thank you so much" i splutter & stutter on all my words.. i'm completely overwhelmed and i wouldn't of been able to do it without ruel.

chelsea walks over to me and grabs my hands in excitement "OH MY GOD LEYLA YOUR FUCKING INCREDIBLE!" hearing that from her makes me so confident!!!!
i say nothing but hug her so tightly!
ruel then comes over as we're hugging and jokingly says
"meh"
i roll my eyes as he hugs me "only joking! is there anything you can't do!?" he says sweetly.
"well i don't think i'm going to be able to sing for a while guys, i need to look after my voice" says chelsea in a sad tone
"no worries chelsea, i'll be fine! i cant live up to your vocals but i will try!" i say re assuring her.
"well let's fucking celebrate?!" she says
"..i have drinks at my hotel! lets throw a party?"
i mean me and ruel are no stranger to drinking and we definitely deserve it after all of this drama with Flo.

RUELS POV:
my face lit up in excitement, i fucking love party's! i immediately message my friends in LA and tell them to come to our air b&b for a party at 11:00. it's a late start but LA never stops. we quickly pack up and head back to the pent house chelsea rented out to get ready.
i throw on some new clothes and leyla re does her makeup.
"i'm so excited to meet all of these LA friends" says leyla as she does her eyeliner.
"they're pretttty crazy and definitely love to party" i reply.
i got ready quicker than leyla so i sit on the couch waiting, eventually she walks out and i have never seen anyone or anything so stunning in my life. i was in such awe i dropped my phone. i cleared my throat and stuttered "leyla your something else"
"hahaha why thank you rueloff"
she's wearing a black cut out top with a leather skirt & denim jacket.
"i cant believe your mine"
"i could say the same thing about you!"
i pull out my phone and take a photo of her
as she steps on the pent house balcony.