Why not?

"I missed you," Ariana says after a deep sigh.

I can't help but let out a laugh. Of course, I instantly receive a dirty look from her.

"What's so funny?" she inquires.

"You, the Ariana Grande, missed little ole me," I smile looking over her. "Can't blame you though, look at me." I pretend to flip my hair over my shoulder.

"Ugh shut up!" she laughs as she throws a pillow at me. "I'm over it now, I'm leaving." she says getting up from my bed.

"I'm joking come back!!" I call out as I hold onto her wrist. She's less than a foot away from me before I tug, bringing her tumbling down onto me.

   "Hey there cutie," I flirt nonchalantly, despite the fact that her face is a mere inch from my own. "Any special plans for the day?" I continue. "I was hoping we could cuddle and watch tv, you know, since you're here and all." I give her my cutest smile before looking at her lips.

   "Oh no, not today Y/N, I-"

   "Why not?" I whine, dragging out the last word.

   "Well, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, I have a party I have to go to later. Josh and Daniel are coming to mine at 6," she says and looks down at my lips as well.

   "So.... why are you here? Coming to see me when you have to leave after a couple of minutes doesn't change missing me."

   "I know," she sighs. "It's like you don't even want me here."

   "That's not-"

   "Chill, Babe, I'm only joking," she smiles down at me. "I came to invite you to the party. I'm allowed a plus 1. I was hoping it would be you." She stops looking at me as a light shade of pink begins to tint her cheeks.

   Was she blushing? Did she just call me babe? what happened to the whole "just a kiss" thing?

   "So... what do ya say?" She asks, looking hopefully into my eyes and snapping me back into reality.

   "What kind of party is it anyway? Fancy? Causal? Even causal for you isn't causal at all. You look hot in anything," I ramble off before her adorable laugh finally stops me. I smile and up at her.

   "I'd love to," I smiled genuinely, hoping she would see how much I meant it.

   "Is the Y/N Y/L/N being nice and genuine for once in her life? It's a miracle," she gasps.

   "I mean, I guess I'll go," I joke rolling my eyes. "Why not?"

   She bites her lip before looking down at my own.

   "Great! I'll see you there. Bye babe, I'll text you the info," she rushes out before finally pecking my lips and leaving the room.

   "Ariana wait-" I'm cut off by the sound of my apartment door shutting. I sigh and lean back against the bed with my fingers pressed against my lips. How the hell am I getting through this one? I think to myself.
———
Finally updating wow only took 2 lifetimes. Hope you enjoyed!!
if you have any idea for the book feel free to let me know:)