Just a Little Longer

*Ariana's POV*

"Come on, we haven't got all day," I chirped, waiting for y/n to get out of the car. I leaned forward and whispered to the driver, telling him not to bother sticking around or picking us up later because I had something special planned for tonight. He nodded his head, and I couldn't stop the smile that spread across my face.

"Sorry, I'm just in my head," y/n said. It seemed like most of her anxiety had left, which only made me more excited.

"Well get out of it! Tonight is about to be amazing," I couldn't hide my enthusiasm. Tonight was going to be perfect.

   We rushed into the party side by side. As we entered, people immediately noticed me. It was expected, but I was hoping I had a little bit longer before that happened. I really just wanted to spend time with y/n before I had to sneak off.

   Person after person bombarded me with question after question, raising my anxiety to a new height. I felt empty and could tell that y/n had slipped off, but I had to pretend that I didn't notice.

   I noticed she had begun to talk to Lauren after a minute of being gone. Lauren and I had never gotten close, but we were good friends. We could easily carry on a conversation without anything getting awkward, but we didn't know each other's secrets.

   She knew more about me than I had ever told her. She was antisocial but definitely a people person. She read people so easily, and honestly, that scared me.

   What if she figured out y/n before I did? I mean, she wasn't exactly difficult to understand, I just wanted to understand her fully. That's what tonight was about. I wanted to get closer to her than I ever had before.

   An hour had passed as I kept my fake smile on, acting like I didn't miss my girl and like these people all asking the exact same questions didn't begin to aggravate me slightly.

   After about an hour had passed I got a text notification letting me know the room was ready. I looked over and saw that y/n was still in a conversation with Lauren, listening intently as she always did. I smiled and made my way to the back doors where Sage was waiting for me.

We snuck up to the front desk to get the key for the room I had gotten. I gave her the key, and she headed for it with all that I had asked her to bring while I went back for the party.

Y/n hadn't moved an inch since I had left which made me happy. I knew she was safe.

It felt like hours had passed of me socializing and acting like my mind wasn't completely preoccupied with a count down of how long it would be until I could go up to the room with no one noticing that I was missing.

It had been a few more hours, and I was finally able to sneak away. I felt so guilty about tonight. I had promise y/n that I would be by her side as much as possible tonight, and I had broken that promise. All for a good cause though.

   I made it up to my room to be met with Troye. Troye was so adorable, and we had become very close friends after working on music together. It wasn't going to be released for a little while, but it only gave us more time to get closer.

   He was helping me set up this surprise for my baby. Well, she wasn't my baby yet, but after this, maybe I could make her mine.

   I had only invited her to this party because I wanted an excuse to do something special for her. I had rented a room for us for the next week. It was less of a room and more of a suite. We basically had a mini apartment with our own little pool area on the balcony. We wouldn't have to leave.

   I had just finished setting up the room with Troye, and it was absolutely perfect.

"Thank you so much for helping me with this!" I turned around but was met with a pillow to the face.

"Oh no you did not just-" I was cut off by another slap to the face.

"Oh it is so on," I said reaching for another pillow and hitting him with it, knocking him over completely. He let out a loud laugh before getting back up and hitting me.

I wasn't sure how long this had gone on for, but I had been knocked into the flor, right in front of the nightstand.

"Timeout!!" I called out, laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe.

He just laughed back and put the pillow down. I looked at the alarm clock.

"Shit!!" I said, grabbing my phone. "I was supposed to bring her up 10 minutes ago."

"Oh my god Ariana I'm so sorry," He said. He helped me up and remade the bed.

"Let's go," he dragged me to the elevator, and we made our way down the stairs back to the party.

"You look a mess," I laughed as we walked out. He tucked his shirt back in and straightened his tie. "Don't forget the hair." He laughed and just fluffed it.

   I figured that I didn't look any better than him and attempted fix my dress. I was sure that my hair was probably as bad as his, considering its length, but I figured that it wouldn't be a big problem.

   He hugged me tightly and kissed my cheek when we pulled apart. "Good luck with your girl! She is going to love this."

   "Thank you and please thank Sage for helping!! It wouldn't have been possible without the two of you."

   "She's my sister, she's obligated to help whenever I ask," He smiled as he turned around.

   My smile grew as I watched him walk away. God was I lucky. Amazing friends and an amazing girlf... amazing girl that was interested in me. I looked around trying to find her. Our eyes locked and her mouth was open. My smile immediately dropped.

   Shit she probably saw that. There is no way it looked as innocent as it was.
———
Sooo...