nine ; the friend zone

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter ninethe friend zone

chapter nine ━ the friend zone

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ i'll always be her friend ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

MELODY HADN'T OFFICIALLY met the eldest Mikaelson sibling yet, so she brought it upon herself to introduce herself. She already knew prior to seeing her that Freya was a witch, a powerful one at that. And she got a gut feeling she would get along with her well. Anyone who could tame the Mikaelson siblings was a friend of her's, honestly.

She approached the blonde with her famous smirk, giving her a little wave. The witch smiled back at her, crossing the room over to her. Despite them not having met before, the two hugged like old friends. Melody whistled, eyes going wide for a second, laughing softly. "Wow, you give amazing hugs, and you smell amazing. What shampoo do you use?"

Freya laughed in reply, pulling back. "Thank you. And it's a secret, sorry." The brunette pouted but let it slide, not questioning her anymore. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Melody. Have to say though, I'm surprised Klaus actually has a real friend he didn't compel to like him."

"Hey, never said I liked him," she replied, holding her hands up in surrender. "But for the record, it did take some time considering he's a total ass." Then she pointed a finger at her. "However, I am friends with him because I can see under all that asshole material."

Another laugh erupted from Freya, making her hold her stomach. "Elijah wasn't joking when he said you had some things to say." She closed the spellbook she had been read, putting it back on the shelf. Neither noticed another Original at the entrance, peeking slightly around the corner, listening to their conversation.

Melody smirked, putting her hands on her hips as if she were addressing someone, letting them know she was boss. That wasn't her attention though, it was only one of her mannerisms. "Ah, you'll get used to me. Don't get offended if I say anything rude though, because I probably didn't intend to be snarky. It's a family trait."

"So I've heard." Freya turned to her, leaning against the desk. They were silent for a moment before the witch smiled suddenly, shaking her head. "I have a feeling like I'm really going to like you."

The fairytale woman winked playfully at her. "I feel the same."

Little did they know, Rebekah had been the one listening and was fuming as she watched the scene without either noticing. First Klaus took a liking to her, now Freya? The truth was only becoming more evident. Melody would never be her's, no matter how much she tried to hint at the fact that she had feelings for her. She would always be stuck in the friend-zone.