thirteen ; mother material

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter thirteenmother material

chapter thirteen ━ mother material

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ i would not be an amazing mother ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

THE WHOLE POINT of moving her moving to New Orleans was to help out with the newest addition to the Mikaelson family: Hope. Naturally, the idea of babysitting scared Melody out of her wits. Her? Babysitting? She told herself she would make an awful mother as it was because her own biological mother had created her curse (of dying at the hands of someone she loved which happened to be her brother, Rumple), because Fiona wanted to make sure Rumple became powerful, better than Melody because of some pathetic tale that spoke of the brunette killing Rumple one day.

Sure, she did take care of Alec and the younger lost boys sometimes, but that was easy, they were family, she knew them. Having a child of her own? She was convinced she was not mother material given her lack of an actual mother until Regina came around. Mary Margaret always told her that she would be an amazing mother because when it came to family, Melody dropped her guard and was gentle, loving, and was willing to do anything for those she loved. Yet, nothing swayed her thoughts.

Hayley had informed her that she and Elijah were going out for dinner, Klaus was going out for drinks with Marcel, and everyone else just so happened to be busy. Melody was the only one who had a clear schedule. However, she was not aware that she would be babysitting until Elijah entered her bedroom, rasping his knuckles against the door.

Her short chestnut hair falling behind her ears as she turned her head to see him standing there, a polite smile on his face. Melody smiled, setting down her pencil and sketchbook as she stared up at him since she was sitting on her bed. "Let me guess, Klaus needs a good beating and I'm the perfect candidate to give him one?"

The noble brother chuckled, shaking his head as he walked into the room a bit further, but respected her privacy and stayed near the entrance. "Surprisingly, no, he is out with Marcel as you remember. I came here to ask you if you could watch Hope for a few hours while I take Hayley out for dinner?"

Melody hummed as she nodded, remembering the said female's words from earlier that day. "Of course." She ignored the nervousness in her rapidly beating heart, the sudden dampness of her palms, and the voice in her head scoffing at the notion of her taking care of an innocent child. All of these signs were overlooked by Elijah and if he did notice, he didn't mention it.

Then she stood up, closing her sketchbook, inserting her pencil into the tiny holder on the side. Before she could leave, he intercepted her path, eyebrow raised. Now he seemed to decide to question her. "Are you alright?" His voice turned quieter, almost like he was making sure no one heard them though it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

"I'm fine," she lied swiftly, taking even breaths to calm her heart, wiping her hands on the cover of her sketchbook discreetly, and pushing the voice away. "Call me when you two are on your way." Melody threw him a smile and a wink, striding past him as she journeyed to Hope's nursery.

He didn't believe her, but he didn't go after her either. Because Elijah knew Melody Mills fairly well, to the point where he knew that she hardly ever spoke how she felt unless she truly trusted a person enough to tell them the truth. It was what made Rebekah and Melody a good match. While the blonde Original was passionate in her feelings and let them overrule her, giving her the ability to live her life to the fullest, the fairytale woman never let her emotions cloud her judgment. But, once she met someone she loved more than anything. . .

She would let herself drown in the passion for her lover and her lover only.