twenty-two ; chance

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter twenty-twochance

chapter twenty-two ━ chance

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ they had a chance ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

RECOVERING FROM HER dark magic was not as difficult as she originally anticipated. With Rebekah at her side, holding her hand, guiding her through the struggle, Melody was sure that she could control herself as long as the blonde was around. Because for some reason, her presence set her at ease, made her relax. And that is exactly why within a day, the darkness had faded away to a point where she could contain it easily. Of course, it would never leave, but at least now she could bear the weight.

She was currently going through her clothes, sifting through and picking out ones she didn't care to wear anymore so she could donate them. Quickly she was realizing that she would have to go shopping for new shirts and dresses. Her head snapped up when she felt eyes staring, looking to see Rebekah coming into the room as she pretended that she hadn't been staring.

"Hey," the Original greeted softly, offering a gentle smile. "How are you feeling? Better I hope." She sat down at the front of the bed, situating herself next to the pile of discarded clothes. Her eyebrow raised in a puzzling manner, giving the female a curious look.

"I am feeling better so I finally decided to go through and figure out what outfits either don't fit me anymore or I no longer like," Melody replied, turning her head to her for a moment before she focused back on the shirt she was folding, setting it into a neater collection.

Rebekah hummed and nodded, finally understanding before her eyes trailed to the closet that looked empty now because of everything she was getting rid of. Her nose scrunched up, standing as she went over. "No, this is absolutely unexpectable." The brunette looked over at her laughing softly. "We are going shopping to get you new clothes."

"I was going to do that anyway," she defended with an amused expression, her eyes lingering on her face longer than necessary, but Rebekah hadn't noticed because she was too busy staring at the closet with an appalled look on her face. "And I'm assuming you want to come with so you can approve of the outfits I buy."

She turned back around to face her, walking over to stand beside her. Just then she realized that she was a few inches taller than the fairytale woman was and somehow it made her smile. "Well duh. I love your style but we need to get you sexier stuff." She threw her a smirk, Melody shaking her head with another musical laugh.

"Oh, careful Bekah, I may think you have a crush on me," she teased in reply, grinning at her though deep down, she wouldn't mind if she did, nor did she mind Rebekah helping her pick out more revealing clothing. Because she usually stayed on the safe side, long sleeve shirts with jackets. Never did she wear anything lace besides undergarments.

Rebekah's smile faltered for a quick second before she recovered quickly, laughing with her with a slightly nervous tone. "Yeah, that would be something." Her words were more on the quiet side as if she were afraid to respond to that. And she was, seeing as she did indeed have a crush but never knew how to tell her that.

Melody was oblivious or if she did notice, she did not say anything about it. Instead, she looked up at her, her cheeks turning a light scarlet hue at the words. "Yeah, that would be." But Rebekah smiled back, her eyes brightening as her heart seemed to flutter in that cliche manner. Because at least now, she knew that Melody was attracted not only to males but to females as well.

So they had a chance.