Prologue

She was the sun. A ball of warmth, the light that guides us through a world of darkness. She was so bright you can't even look directly at her, she was untouchable. Without her, the world would be a dead, dark, and frozen rock. Even when falling she melts into a sea of colors, painting the sky in her wake. We will remain unconcerned, of course, as we know she always rises again.

No wonder he chose her.

Where she was the sun, I was the moon. A dark, cold rock, forever running in circles. My life always revolves around someone else. I don't do anything of importance, I don't save lives, I don't provide warmth, hell, all I'm good for is being compared to the sun, extenuating her beauty. The only way I shine is by someone else's light. Even when I disappear from the vast sky it goes unnoticed.

It's her, it'll always be her. I can't even be surprised anymore.

I wish he never gave me a chance. I wish I never met him. I wish I didn't love him.

I wish he didn't love her.

But he did give me a chance, I did meet him, I do love him, and he loves her.

I wish I didn't wish as much, because wishes are only fragments of your imagination, created to regret all you've done. You can't reverse the irreversible. It'll always be a dense boulder in the back the murky water of your mind, weighing you down until you drown into nothingness.

✸      ✸      ✸      ✸      ✸

A/N

JEEZ I TRIED TO MAKE THIS ANGSTY

TRUST ME IT'S NOT ALL THIS