Situation

They all gaped at Lan Xichen, shocked speechless of what they just heard. Wha... he's really a cut-sleeve! They thought, confirming the rumors. They all looked at Lan Xichen, glaring. However, the man's expression is as calm as the sea, as if he didn't say anything shocking as a bomb.

A long silence fell as they all slowly turn to the man in question – Jiang Cheng. Jiang Cheng didn't move an inch upon hearing such a confession. His arms are still crossed on his chest, and his back is against his chair. His face... has no expression. ... is he this insensitive? They all thought, their face is covered in dark lines as they all turned to Lan Xichen whose face is now serious, looking at Jiang Cheng who didn't even flinch upon hearing his confession. Wanyin... he thought, then closed his eyes as he turned to face the sect leaders who's looking at him, having internal turmoil – debating whether to remain mad at Lan Xichen, or pity the guy for being silently rejected by Jiang Cheng.

" – I love him." Lan Xichen repeated, his voice firm and his eyes resolute.

This time, Jiang Cheng finally reacted. "What?" he said and sharply turned to Lan Xichen.

Lan Xichen looked at him, his face serious and his eyes are earnest – showing his sincerity. "I love you." He said. "Wanyin..." he called as he heaved a deep breath, mustering all his courage. Then, he looked at him in the eyes. "I love you." He said. "I buried my feelings before, since you're not interested in me. All you see is young master Wei, and all you'll ever see in your eyes is him." he said, then paused. "You're... only towards young master Wei... that's why I didn't confess." He said as he lowered his head. "When I met you, I liked you because your eyes shone determination and respect. When I met you again... that's when I fell for you..." he said.

Jiang Cheng felt his ears are ringing. He's at a loss, speechlessly looking at the man in which he's recalling in his memories. ... seriously...? He thought as he stared at Lan Xichen. He remembered the first time they met – it was during when he and Wei Wuxian were studying in the Cloud Recesses as guest disciples. They met Lan Xichen who fetched Lan Wangji because of the problem of the Caiyi Town with the water ghouls. He and Wei Wuxian helped to show their sincere apology because of the troubles Wei Wuxian always cause the sect. The second time, it was during the Discussion Conference at Qishan where the Wen sect hosted the archery competition... he paused, then looked at Lan Xichen in disbelief. ... that time?! What happened that time? Why would he... he hasn't continued his thoughts when he heard what Lan Xichen said next.

"... it was nothing special, that time, for you, but to me..." Lan Xichen said and raised his face to look at Jiang Cheng who's staring at him, wide-eyed in disbelief. "... that time, that time made me realize..." he said, his face serious. "When Wangji's forehead ribbon was pulled by young master Wei, I thought – " he said. " – how about... if you also pull my forehead ribbon?" he asked, staring at his (JC) eyes as he said the next words. "I realized, that time, I already have fallen for you." He told him.

Jiang Cheng felt his heart stopped as their eyes locked. He's... seriously... he thought, feeling his face started to burn red. "Y..." he said, can't utter a word clearly because of the mixed emotions he felt. I – he thought as he raised his hand and covered the lower part of his face, momentarily giving himself some time to think. What the hell... he thought, his ears and neck are burning, too. This is the first time somebody confessed to him, and it was a man. Not only that – he took a deep breath. It was his brother-in-law's (LWJ) elder brother! And also, the ranked first among the cultivators! He buried his face with his hands, don't know how to react, nor feel at the moment.

Wanyin... Lan Xichen thought, his eyes dimmed when he saw the color on Jiang Cheng's face is changing. He... really isn't interested in me... he thought as he lowered his head. But, I'll tell him, anyway... "That time... when I knew you were gone missing..." he said, his voice low. "I badly wanted to run to where you are and help. But... my situation didn't let me." He's referring to him also being man-hunted by the Wen sect. "I could only pray for your safety. That is why, when Wangji and our disciples finally found you, I was so happy. I am glad... I could see you again... that's why – " he said and raised his head to look at Jiang Cheng who was frozen in shock. " – when I brought you to the Cloud Recesses, to meet with the other sect leaders... I badly wanted to confess that time. I – " he drew a sharp breath because of the overflowing emotions he felt. " – I found you again, and doesn't want to lose you again. I badly wanted to ask for uncle's blessing at that time for me to marry you. However, again... the situation didn't let me." his face went dark. "Wanyin... tell me – " he said and looked in Jiang Cheng's eyes. " – when will the time I could confess to you come?" he asked, hurt in his voice. "For a long, long time I suppressed my feelings. There's young master Wei... there's our situation..." he said as he balled his fists, mad. "Now, young master Wei is married to Wangji. Now, our situation is at peace since there're no more problems... Wanyin – " he called and looked at Jiang Cheng, his face serious. " – I'll say it again – " he said, his face softened. "I love you, and I want to marry you." He told him.

Jiang Cheng felt steam is coming out of his head. His lips are trembling and so he couldn't speak. He opened his mouth, only to close them again since he realized he doesn't know what to say to Lan Xichen. "Y..." he said when he finally found his voice. "... you really had to confess... in front of many people...?" he asked and lowered his head to hide his embarrassed face.

The other sect leaders – including Jin Ling, Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji who just arrived after Jin Ling called them yesterday telling them of the meeting's agenda, as well as Lan Qiren who looked like he's going to faint now... they all looked at them two, dumbfounded in shock. Their face is covered in so many dark lines it's almost dark as they stared at Lan Xichen. Since when... they thought, then turned to Jiang Cheng. Is this a meeting, or are they watching a romance drama instead? And... they thought as their face went serious, staring at Jiang Cheng whose expression is slowly changing.

... what is his decision...?

(A/N: UwU what would Jiang Cheng's decision be? *doki doki)