Hidden

Jiang Cheng's eyes flew open and he immediately sat up on his bed. He looked around and saw Jin Ling sleeping on the other bed. I... he thought and looked around. He saw it's already dusk. He immediately went down his bed, only to be startled when he heard hurried knocks. "Come in – " he said, his voice just fell when the door flew open and his right-hand man went in, his face pale and filled with panic. Jiang Cheng didn't know why but he felt his heart suddenly fell to his stomach. Why is it...

"Sect leader..." his right-hand man said and paused for a long while. He lowered his head, guilt clearly can be seen on his face. "... the Yiling Patriarch is wounded – " he said.

Jiang Cheng's eyes went wide and blood drained from his body. He didn't wait for him to finish and he immediately ran outside, not caring of his appearance. Wei Wuxian - ! He thought, his heart beating fast in fear as he ran to the infirmary.

"Sect leader!" he heard his right-hand man calling him, following him. He didn't hear what he clearly said because of his fear eating him, but he caught some words. "Sect leader..." he thought he was calling him. "... Lan – " he said.

Jiang Cheng immediately stopped and kicked open the door of the infirmary, only for his heart to sink further. Wei Wuxian is alright and is lying down the bed, taken care by Lan Wangji. However... "A-Yuan? Jingyi?" Jin Ling who was behind him said, probably woke up when he heard his right hand man earlier. "Why are you..." he said, his voice fell and he drew a loud gasp when he saw the man Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi is looking after on the other bed.

It's none other than Lan Xichen – a bandage was wrapped around his head and chest. "Lan... Xi– " Jiang Cheng said, then stopped when he felt the lump on his throat, preventing him from speaking.

"The Yiling Patriarch destroyed the Stygian Tiger Seal, and should've..." the right-hand man said. Died. "However, sect leader Lan sent spiritual energy to the Yiling Patriarch at the last minute, and so he's..." he looked at Wei Wuxian sleeping. Regret can be seen in Lan Wangji's face as he looked at Wei Wuxian, full of pain.

"... what the hell happened?" Jiang Cheng asked, his face dark.

"Sect leader – " his right-hand man called and immediately knelt, his head touching the floor. "I apologize! I and the Yiling Patriarch hid the information of Chifeng-zun and Lianfang-zun breaking out of the sealed coffin at the Guanyin Temple – " he said.

Jin Ling loudly gasped and turned to him. "Uncle Yao...?" he said, his eyes misty.

"Yes." The right-hand man nodded and turned to Jin Ling. "Chifeng-zun and Lianfang-zun are currently on the GusuLan sect for senior Lan Qiren to watch over them – " he explained. Jin Ling covered his mouth not to sob, but his tears fell. "The Ghost General should be with them, too." He added, referring to Wen Ning escorting Jin Guangyao and Nie Mingjue towards the GusuLan sect – unsettling the cultivators at the sight of the three of them but didn't say anything. Wen Ning was just around as always, and when he felt his master he ran to the Guanyin Temple. Lan Qiren came too late, and have wanted to take care of Lan Xichen when Lan Wangji had told him to take Lan Xichen's sworn brothers away – with regards to Lan Xichen's wishes after Lan Wangji had told them what he and Wei Wuxian – who he's carrying, saw inside. Lan Qiren got no choice. Lan Wangji took the unconscious Wei Wuxian while Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi took Lan Xichen, then went to Lotus Pier along with the YunmengJiang disciples, leaving the LanlingJin and GusuLan sect disciples to deal with the remaining resentful energy.

Jin Ling fell on his knees and cried on his hand, his sobs echoed in the infirmary. Lan Sizhui immediately went to him and hugged him, comforting him. Lan Jingyi just looked at Jin Ling, full of pity. Lan Wangji didn't say anything and just held Wei Wuxian's hand tight. "You're dismissed." Jiang Cheng quietly said, his face dark. He looked at Wei Wuxian, his eyes cold but full of pain. Wei Wuxian didn't tell him about this problem since Wei Wuxian knew what he (JC) will react – he will be hurt. Why? Lan Xichen will be greatly affected, knowing Jin Guangyao woke up – albeit a fierce corpse. So why would he (JC) be hurt? Because... he loves Lan Xichen.