The Ceremony

Raven's POV

The ceremony is held at the meeting hall. This is where the leaders of the pack gather to discuss current issues such as rogues or expansion of land. When we enter I am amazed at how the building looks; normally it's drab and grey but tonight it's full of festive reds and blues and greens. All of the unmated females are gathering in the front of the room. The males aren't allowed I until the beginning of the ceremony. My mother gives me a push forward and smiles encouragingly at me when I looked back. I slowly make my way to the front of the room.

I see my best friend Athena in the crowd and walk forward to meet her. " Oh my gosh Raven! You look absolutely adorable" she squeals even though we're wearing the same dress just in different colors. Hers is a deep mahogany to accent her red gold hair. Athena is my best friend in the world, we grew up with each other due to our fathers and mothers also being best friends. " OMG! Raven you'll never guess what I just heard!" Athena also loves gossip; I roll my eyes and smirk which earns me a slap. " don't you roll your eyes at me Raven Lycana" Athena chastises. " Alright alright what's the big news?" I finally give in to my curiosity about what Athena knows. " The princes are coming tonight!!" She practically screams.

The princes are twins named Jasper and Jason, they are the direct descendants of the first original werewolves. The princes are said to have a mind link accessible only by the two. It is also said they will share a mate due to being twins. That's right they will both have the same mate.

Lost into thoughts I forgot Athena was still talking to me. " Um hello earth to Raven? Aren't you a little excited?" I am about to respond when the bell signifying the beginning of the ceremony rings. " I'd better get to my place in line, I'll see you later" I tell Athena. We both wish each other luck.

The way the ceremony works is that the females stand in a line in the front of the room and one male is let in at a time. Normally he will sense his mate I the line and got to her immediately and everyone rejoices and thx new couple join the other couples. There is a chance that a person might not find their mate in the ceremony so they travel to another pack to try and find their mate.

As I stand in line my stomach starts to feel as if a thousand butterfly's are swarming I it. Every girls feels the se anxiety that their mate might not be here tonight. The door opens and the first male walks in and the ceremony begins.