Chapter #30 Seraphina

"D-doc?" I stuttered, clenching my teeth awkwardly.

    The dark blue haired man simply glared at me, and I could now truly see that I shouldn't have pushed him so far the last couple of times.

    "Seraphina," he acknowledged. "Remember a few days ago when you came to the infirmary with that boy?"

     I nodded nervously.

    "Well then," he clapped his hands together in a sarcastic way. "Great! We are on the same page."

I knew that I had messed up. I probably shouldn't have asked Crow to come with me and take me to the roof. I just got us in a whole lot of trouble.

"Well," he stated, "let me put it simply, your in trouble."

I took a deep breath in and out. Okay, I got myself into a whole lot of trouble. "Well," I took a deep breath in. "How much?"

     Doc simply stared at me, and I knew the answer.

    "Seraphina."

     A dreadful feeling enveloped my stomach.

    "Detention."

      * * * * *

     Once upon a time, there was a little girl who was keen on making her parents happy. So, she studied, she followed all the rules, and she did everything perfectly. She never got in trouble, she never got detention, she never got called out for something bad she had done.

    But there is a reason why this is 'once upon a time.'

    Because this little girl, grew up, and she got detention.

    Detention.

    My head slammed on the wooden desk, I could feel other students staring at me, even though I wasn't looking up. But I didn't really care what they thought at that moment. My perfect streak was gone.

      Gone.

      I felt like I had been punched in the stomach multiple times. Although getting punched would have been a hundred times better than what I had to face.

     I still remember what he said after that, even though I kinda zoned out, still stunned at what had happened.

      "What?" My throat was dry, and my vision blurred. Detention was something I had never gone through, and if my parents heard about this... I shivered.

     Doc crossed his arms, "Well you shouldn't have pushed me so far then. Besides, Keene had something special for the people who got detention today." A big smile crossed his face, "I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to call you up on what you did earlier."

     I could barely hear him, "and what about the boy?" I asked, not wanting to speak his name. "Does he get in trouble at all?"

     He shook his head, "not really. Besides," his face darkened, "I am angry at you, not that boy. He hasn't been coming to the infirmary every day in the morning with injuries."

    I pursued my lips, and sighed. "O-Okay." My voice quivered, and I was still shocked on what I had been told.

    With my back to him, I walked through the door, still able to hear his last words.

    "Detention is after school..." I could hear the smile in his voice.

    'Riiiiiiiiiiing.'