Chapter #48 Seraphina

"You cheated..."

I glared at the ravenette right in front of me, a dazed smile on his face. Soon enough though, it turned into an arrogant one. His lips curved upwards and he grinned, reminding me of a shark, and showing his teeth. "Come on Sera, I won, fair and square."

But I wasn't going to be the victim of the shark, to nod, and to follow whatever he said. And he should've known that the one thing I hate more than tyrants, psychopaths or whatever he had been.

Was cheaters.

"John," I told him, smoothly making those words out of my mouth without seething. "I don't consider grabbing ones shoulder and propelling themselves forward with the other persons weight is fair."

He returned my stoic expression with a smirk. "Oh? And I don't think your opinion should determine whether I win or not." He stuck his tongue out playfully, closing his eyes.

Normally, I probably would've kept on going with the argument, but I knew him well enough that by now, I knew he wouldn't give in.

However, that didn't mean that he won. He just thought he won.

"Fine," I told him rolling my eyes. "But don't think I will play fair next time, tripping, and tackling will be on my list."

"Next time?" He teased, crossing his arms and cocking his head to the side. "You've already decided that we are going to do that again?"

"Just to beat you," I told him, turning around and whispering curses under my breath. Although I could feel the heat rise in my cheeks. Who did he think he was anyway?

I could hear him snicker behind me, and I begrudgingly opened the door, stepping inside and sighing. Although my face fell when I heard someone's voice again.

"Just like I remember it. Do you have anymore of that Chocolate Cake?"

After turning around, my eyes met with his, and I could see the excitement in his golden orbs. His little puny mind actually believed that he could barge in here and ask for cake. Even after what happened last time he had come here.

       The anger raised in my mind, and I put it off with a frown. He was supposedly my friend, was he not? So I shouldn't get angry over such trivial things.

       'To be, or not to be.' Shakspear had once said.

       'More like to kill, or not to kill.' The voice in my head remarked slyly, eyeing the ravenette right in front of me.

       'Patience.' I reminded myself, 'Patience.' I stepped to sleep the side, giving him a clear path to the dorm. "Why don't you find out yourself?" I asked.

       He shrugged, and began walking into the dorm, stopping a few times to stare at the rooms. I could tell he entered the kitchen, and I heard the mini refrigerator open.

      "Oh..." I could hear the sad sigh come from the kitchen. "There's no more cake..."

I held back the sarcastic, "Obviously." And stopped the eye roll as well, it wasn't as if either of the two were going to help me in this moment. It was getting darker, and I wanted to get things done, rather, make up for what I had been missing the previous nights.

When I entered the kitchen, I saw the golden eyed boy leaning against the counter with a pout on his face. When he saw me, his face lit up a little, and he looked around.

"So, John, how long do you plan to stay here? It is getting rather late, and I think you should probably head over to your dorm." I crossed my arms, and stared right back at him, I had things to do, and they weren't going to get done if he was here pestering me.