Chapter #42 Seraphina

Well, it's obvious that something is happening. Especially with everything we went through. The bear, the cliff, and our hunger. It simply doesn't add up. Why hasn't Keene done anything yet?

    "Seraphina," The blonde haired boy spoke out, distracting me from my thoughts. "Are you sure we shouldn't find a way to locate our location?" He tapped a finger against his chin, and narrowed his eyes, "What did you and John talk about anyway?"

     Our of exhaustion and annoyance, I shook my head stubbornly. "Arlo, trust me, that's not really any of your concern." But my eyes turned to the side, waiting to see his reaction.

      "Of course it isn't," he mumbled silently, turning his head to the side. I probably should have watched my words, and with all the stress going on, I was only increasing the tense air.

      "Seraphina!"

       Well, there seemed to be one person who wasn't stressed... or maybe he just had unlimited energy. But for all I know, it could be both.

      "Yes?" I asked, turning my head to face the ravenette, he seems much more enthusiastic after our talk, and I wondered what had happened to make him like this.

     He put a finger to his chin, and sighed. "So, walking around randomly is what we decided on, but, where exactly do you want to walk then?"

"This is going to get us killed..." Arlo mumbled, shaking his head softly. "I don't even know why I'm agreeing to this."

"Fine then," I crossed my arms, "lead the way then Arlo." My face darkened, "and if I don't get to class on time, I'm holding you accountable."

He grimaced, and turned to face John, his blue eyes wide. "Uh, what time is it?"

John glanced at his watch, and shrugged, "about five in the morning, we still have about a few more hours."

Arlo pointed in the same direction that we just came through. The field, where he almost died, a bear nearly killed us, and I crazily pushed John off the mini cliff on the side. Ha, good times.

"I think we should go that way," Arlo mumbled, "right?"

John shrugged, "I don't know, don't ask me."

I put a hand to my head in annoyance, "wow, you both have a terrible sense of direction..." I pointed back to the exact spot that they were just pointing at, and shook my head, "that's where we came from."

The blonde haired boy noted his mistake, and turned in a ninety degree angle, to the right. "How about over there then?"

"Yeah, sure," both me and John shrugged, "that works."

But just as we were about to go on our way, we were interrupted by the sound of a voice. A voice we knew well.

"Ah, there you are." The voice which I could immediately distinguish as Keene's spoke out. "Now, I ask myself where you have been."

I shifted to the side, looking in absolutely every angle, but I couldn't see him. Was this part of someone's ability?

"What do you mean 'I wonder where you've been?'" Arlo asked, narrowing his eyes. "Weren't you watching us the whole time?"

The trees rustled, but there was no one there. "No, actually, I lost you all for a moment. Good to see that you are all in one piece though."

"You lost us?" John laughed, holding the side of his stomach. "Ha, and let me ask you then, how exactly did you lose us?"

"For starters," Keene sighed, "we had a problem back over here, and I could no longer tell what you were doing, nor where either of you were. It seems like you've collected everything though."

"And just how much did you miss."

There was another sigh, "Well, the last part that I saw of you three, was when John split off from the group, to go gather food. And Arlo was using alcohol to help his injuries." He frowned, "Arlo, you better not have drank any of that."

"Alcohol?" Johns eyes widened, "Arlo! You have alcohol!" He walked over to him, "we could have that! Just to elevate our moods, well, you know what I mean! We don't need to hunt or collect berries!"

I shook my head, "wow, this hunger must really be changing you John. I wonder when was the last time you actually were sane."

"Well," Keene's voice interrupted us again. "Seems like you all are getting along fairly. Seraphina, I have never heard you call 'John' anything but Crow, until now that is. And John, typically, you would have snatched what you would have wanted from Arlo. But this time, you actually tried to convince him into it."

Arlo shook his head, "there is nothing different with me, I assure you that." He waved his hand, almost mockingly, "these two just aren't suited for these types of environments."

"Arlo?" I cocked my head to the side, and mockingly whispered, "you may not actually remember, but for the longest time, you thought that you were dead."

"Uh, Okay," Keene questioned. "Anyway, back on subject. Arlo you have changed, but we aren't looking into that now, I need to know what happened while I was gone."

We all went silent, Arlo's cocked his head to the side, "I don't remember..." he stood there for a few moments, focusing hard, until John whispered something to his ear.

"You were dead."

And just like that, Arlo's face lit up. But not in happiness or surprise, it was in horror. "D-dead?" He looked like it was all coming back to him, and I had to repress the urge to hit the ravenette in the face.

"I want an actual explanation from you three."

I was about to speak, but John beat me to it. Maybe I should go back to calling him Crow...

"She tried to kill me," he pointed at me, "pushed me off a cliff and told me to get water!"

"You had a rope!" I turned over to face him, "and actually, you volunteered for it! So stop whining like a child, it's in the past anyway!"

"But I almost died!" He screamed right back, "you want me to forget about that!"

I pointed one finger at him, completely losing my temper. "And you nearly got us all eaten alive! What do you have to say for that!"

"What else would you have wanted me to do?!!" He flailed his arms around, "a freaking bear was chasing me! You want me to let it eat me or something?! Cause I thought I could use your guy's ability!"

"And look where that lead us!" I pointed around, "Arlo was suffering from a traumatic moment! And I was unconscious!"

"Well maybe you shouldn't have been unconscious!"

"And let Arlo die?!" I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt lifting him up a foot or two even though he was taller than me.

"Maybe, He should never even gotten into that position!"

"He was being chased by a flock of bees you idiot!" I growled, "how does he get to chose that?!"

"Well maybe," John turned to Arlo, "if he hadn't been chased by those bees, none of this would have happened!!"

And right then, it clicked. If Arlo hadn't gotten chased by those bees, we wouldn't be in the position we were now. My mind was so clouded up with exhaustion and hunger, that I couldn't even note that it wasn't his fault. At that point, all I wanted, was vengeance.

Both me and John turned to Arlo. Who had been watching us fight the entire time. When he saw the malicious looks on our faces, he decided it would be better to run.

"Get back here Arlo! We aren't finished with you just yet!"

And I bet Keene was watching this moment, most likely with popcorn, or a drink.