Chapter #37 John

I walked towards the distance ahead of me, having absolutely no idea where I was going.The rope was tied on to my waist, and I felt hungry. Really hungry.

   So hungry, that the unexpected hunger began to dominate my mind, and I couldn't exactly think of anything else.

    As I walked around, I finally noticed the trees and bushes that looked over me. Like shadows and visitors waiting to pounce on me.

    I at this point, knew that something was wrong. I was a god-tier for gods sake! I could defeat anyone! What do I have to be afraid of?

And then it came to me, like a light bubble that lighted up.

'Who says that whatever is in there has an ability? Or whatever will fight you isn't going to use it?'

A feeling of complete helplessness filled me, and I shook. At the same time, I felt pathetic. Look at me, the boy who had stomped on every problem on his way, and was able to respond sassily to everyone anyway. Even when times were tough.

And here I was, shaking and feeling worried. Over what exactly? What could possibly hurt me anyway?

'Ha, just like your younger self, you don't know when to quit. And your too cocky and arrogant, seriously.'

I tried not to listen to the voice in my head. But it was rather hard. Besides, it was right. And I felt weak and vulnerable as I stood there in the breeze. Awaiting what would happen.

And I was shocked with a memory instead.

'Tap.'

'Tap.'

'Tap.'

"John."

My head snapped up, and I stared at the man in front of me. His hair shone in the little light illuminated by the crack of the door. He stared back at me, I shook.

"John," he tilted his head to the side. "Have you thought about it?"

I didn't answer, and I looked away, trying to avoid his eyes. He already knew my answer anyway. What else is there to think about?

      "John, I want an answer."

      "Fine," I growled, leading my eyes towards his face, analyzing his features. "I thought about it, are you f*cking happy now?"

      The man ran his hand through his hair, and sighed, "why do you have to act like we are trying to hurt or damage you? What have I done to you?"

     My face darkened, and I frowned. "You know what you did..."

     "No, I don't." He leaned on one of the walls, and crossed his legs. "Can you please inform me how I made you angry at all?"

    The shackles that pinned my hands to the table shook in fury. "You and all you d*mn authorities! You think you can do whatever you want!"

    He walked towards me, his shoes clicking as he went. I could see the dark look in his eyes, and the way he stopped when he was right in front of me.