Chapter #36 Seraphina

The green and brown forest seems to darken as the moon settled in deep on the sky. The stars nestled in quietly as well, illuminating what was left of the dark landscape before them.

"Seraphina," a soft but tired voice called out my name. I turned over and stared at the blonde haired boy in front of me. His blue eyes shined in the moonlight, and a pain stricken look crossed his face.

"Yes?" I asked, tapping my foot against the hard solid forest floor. I was thinking of a good placement for our camp, and so far, there was no luck.

      I almost regretted the fact that I chose this place. There was a river just a few meters away, and a cliff that lead down to it. I was sure no one was going near that, but it didn't exactly make me feel safe. And leaving would just abandon the black haired boy.

"Can I not run around as bait?" He asked solemnly, he cocked his head to the side and pouted. "I already have enough injuries."

"Oh?" I teased, a little bit of myself reviving. The fatigue diminished, and I was back to my normal self, "is little Arlo afraid of a booboo?"

He stepped back in surprise, and frowned. "Are you serious! Now is not the time to joke around like that. I seriously don't want to go!"

"Did you seriously hurt yourself or something? Your never like this!"

He pointed to his cheek, "can't you see that. It's swelling, and it hurts like..." he took a deep breath in, "it just hurts a lot."

I nodded, and walked towards him. "Well, I may not have brought food, but I was smart enough to bring a mini first aid kit." I grabbed my backpack, "how big is it? And have any other things been happening? Such as coughing, nausea, headaches?"

He shrugged, "not much. I guess that other than the pain, I may have a bit of stomach aches..."

My eyes snapped to him, "and why didn't you tell us earlier?!"

"I didn't think it really mattered, besides..." his face darkened considerably, "I never would have heard the end of it from that black haired idiot."

"That's still not a reason to avoid the subject," I grumbled. "The sting could be infected, or worse, the sting brings some sort of disease."

He looked away, and sighed in frustration. "Well, Okay then. Could you just hurry up and give me something for the pain?"

I rolled my eyes, "sure, but don't demand anything from me. You know I never take orders." With that, I picked out the little red packet, and picked out one of the pills. "Take this for the pain."

He took it out of my hand, and inspected it. "Well, it's certainly more different than a tonic. And a lot less efficient."

"Welcome to reality," I growled, "you don't get spoiled."

He didn't look at me nor thanked me. He simp,y gulped it down, and looked back at me. "Well, is there anything else?"

"Yes," I crossed my arms. "I still have to disinfect it. You know, for a high tier, you really are misinformed about this stuff."

He simply glared at me, and looked up. "Well, not everyone gets classes like that. Besides, I never actually thought I would have to worry or be in a situation like this."

I pulled out a bandage, and a tissue. "Hold this," I passed him the bandage. He scrutinized it, turning it over and over. And I grabbed the bottle of alcohol, and frowned. I didnt have enough time to get a bottle of 'cleaning alcohol', but this would have to do.