Chapter #45 John

"Are you ready?"

The question unexpectedly hung in the air, making me tense up. What do you mean 'Am I ready?' I'm the strongest one here anyway!

When I didn't answer, the magenta haired girl huffed in disappointment. "John, I asked you if you thought you were ready."

My mouth opened to answer the question, but I hesitated. Peering around, I noticed that even if it didn't seem like it, everyone's attention was on me. The blue haired girl, supposedly the healer, was fiddling with a piece of her hair, occasionally giving me shy glances to see what my answer would be. The blonde haired boy, as I like to call 'Blondy,' was closing both his eyes, keeping his arms crossed and sitting up straight at me he same time. Although I could tell he was waiting for my answer.

"John."

I snapped back into reality, realizing that I had just spaced out, and forgotten to answer the question.

"Are you going to answer the question?"

I turned my head to the side sharply, and responded with a short, "Yes."

Right when I uttered those words, our form of transportation stopped. And we all jolted forwards at the impact.

Elaine was the least prepared out of all of us. She fell forwards, grasping the metal handle bars at the side for support. With that, she was able to prevent herself from flying forwards and out if the seat.

Arlo merely pressed his feet against the floor harder, making sure that his weight wouldn't fall forward. And still, his eyes were closed, and he was still crossing his arms.

Sera, who was already holding to one of the handles on the top, had simply grasped it tighter, still looking around as if nothing had happened.

And as you can guess, I wasn't affected. Why would I be? I had been leaning against one of the walls beside the chairs. And the abrupt stop didn't affect me in the slightest.

"So," I began to speak out, looking around and pointing towards the doors, "this is our stop?" The doors opened, and I cocked my head to peer out.

None of the three responded, and we all got off. I followed them, trying not to look like I didn't know where I was going. But it was beginning to fail.

"John," Sera turned to give me a hard stare, "I expect you to keep your attitude in check."

I furrowed my eyes, who did she think she was anyway? I could control the very way I pleased, and she could do nothing about it.

"This is it."

After passing a glance at the blonde haired boy who had actually opened his eyes, I looked at the large plain field ahead of me. It seems to stretch on for a long time, and I wondered why the one at New Boston was nothing like this.

"And who is our opponent?"

Elaine was then one to answer this. "Oh," she shrugged, "We actually have never fought this school before. It supposedly named 'Hetherfields.'"

I nodded, "Okay then, and then do any of you know anything about who we are facing? Like the actual people?"

"Elaine just said that we have never actually gone against them, no have had the time to research them."

    But farther away, I could make out a set of figures standing right in front of the field. One of them was crossing their arms, while two others were chatting to each other. The fourth one was walking around all three of them, seemingly humming or laughing.