Chapter 9

~*~*~Hayley's POV~*~*~

-----------------------45 minutes earlier----------------------------------

"Jamie! C'mon! Let me see the sign!" I begged for the millionth time tonight. But Jamie just shook her head with this evil look on her face. "Oh no. It has something bad on it doesn't it? Jamie!" I whined. I hope she didn't put anything on it about me and Liam's brief friendship. I sighed.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, One Direction are coming out for the sound check!" A voice boomed out from the speakers. Before I knew it, all the boys ran out on stage and sat down on the stools in the middle of the stage, right in front of us! I started to shake my hands, I was so excited. Everyone around me started screaming and the boys just smiled.

"Hello New Jersey! How are you guys?" Niall's Irish accent rang out over the crowd. He got a lot of screams as his response. He just smiled his famous smile at us.

"You guys ready for the concert tonight?" harry asked, winking as he said it. I could've sworn that I heard a few girls swoon over the curly haired boy. He got even more screams as his response.

I glanced over at Liam and realized he was staring at me. Me, Hayley Richardson, the girl who gets called fat and ugly almost every day of her life. I stared into his milk chocolate eyes and felt tears pool around my eyes. I wasn't going to cry, not in front of him! I looked away, trying to wipe away the tears.

"Liam, you ready mate?" Louis's voice whispered. I glanced over at Liam who blinked a couple of times, coming back to reality.

"Uh, yeah. Here's our first single 'What Makes You Beautiful!'" His voice sent shivers down my spine, cheesy I know, but I couldn't help it! His voice was so smooth and velvety, no one in their right mind could say he didn't have a beautiful voice. The bad started to play the first chords of the song. I just closed my eyes and tried to get lost in the song.

You're insecure, Don't know what for, You're turning heads when you walk through the door, Don't need make up, To cover up, Being the way that you are is enough...

Liam's voice made me think about everything I had gone through during school. All of those hateful words and mean things those girls did to me, just disappeared. It was just Liam singing to me. I started to let myself sway to the beat of the song. Harry's solo came up next, and I just got lost entirely into the song....

"Hayley... Earth to Hayley? HELLO?" Jamie screamed into my ear. I jumped and spun around to see her.

"What was that for?!"

"Well, you were just standing there with this stupid grin on your face, swaying to something. It was creeping me out." I looked around and there was a tech team rushing around setting up amps and rearranging the stools and moving equipment. I had zone out during the sound check. The opening acts were starting to set up.

"Hey Hayley, let's go backstage now. This is, like, the only good time to do it." I glanced over to Jamie, she had this creepy grin plastered on her face. I just laughed and took her arm.

"C'mon creep-o. Let's go." We walked to the side of the stage where there was 5 guards blocking any chance of getting in, let alone seeing the door. We walked up to the guard in the middle.

"Do you ladies have passes?" I took mine out of my pocket and glanced at Jamie, she pulled hers out from under her shirt. I put mine over my head as the guard nodded and let us through. I smiled over at Jamie as I opened the door.

As soon as we walked through the door there was commotion everywhere. A woman dressed in a business suit walked over to us. She had her brown hair pulled back into a tight bun, and she had an iPad in her hand along with a briefcase.