The Rooftop

Shancai had nowhere to run. Both of Si's arms were locked on each side of her, trapping her in between. Her heart began to beat dangerously in her chest. Si looked at her amusedly, as her face turned redder and redder. He was quite enjoying this. A flustered Shancai was pretty cute, he thought to himself. They were on the rooftop and there wasn't another soul in sight. He decided that he would tease her a little further.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked her. Upon hearing this, Shancai turned even redder than she already was. "No!" came her answer. "Why not?" he persisted. "Aren't we already dating?" "Because my heart's beating too fast. Because I'm too excited. Because you're all I think about. Because you're here in front of me. I can't breathe. So no." The words tumbled out of her mouth like an overflowing river. The corners of Si's mouth curled up in a grin. "Damn this boy," Shancai thought to herself. "He's clearly teasing me, but why does he have to be so handsome?" She could feel her heart racing a million miles an hour.

Si was saying something about wanting to do something to her, but the woozy part of Shancai's brain was no longer processing whatever was coming out of his mouth. She could feel his warm breath on her neck and his face bending closer and closer to her. He was leaning so close that there was only the slightest gap between them.

Without a second thought, she brought her face up to his and closed the gap by planting a kiss on his lips. Si was stunned at first, but as soon as he realised that SHE was kissing HIM, he put his hands around her small waist and pulled her closer to deepen the kiss. Her mouth opened slightly and his tongue found its way in. Shancai felt her inhibitions melting away and soon she was kissing him back as passionately as he was kissing her.

They came up for breath a few minutes later and Si slowly loosened his hold around her. His hands came back to their earlier position, trapping her between them. He looked at her flushed face and her quick breathing, and he smiled mischievously at her. Where earlier her words had come tumbling out faster than she could speak them, she was now dumbstruck and she could only gaze wordlessly at him with that look that fascinated him the most. He made a move to lean towards her again but without warning, she ducked under his arm and ran away down from the rooftop, not looking back.

Si stood watching her retreating figure, but he made no move to run after her. He touched his hand to his lips with a wide smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye. There were definitely going to be more of such kisses with his tiny, lovely girl. He was sure of it.