The Dream

Shancai stomped into her room with a scowl on her face. "Stupid, stupid, STUPID!" she fumed inwardly. "I can't believe that I gave my FIRST KISS to that STUPID SMUG PINEAPPLE HEAD! Aargghhh!! And worst of all, it was streamed LIVE for the WHOLE WORLD to see! I'll never be able to live down this humiliation or show my face in school again," she thought mournfully to herself.

And yet, even though she would rather die than admit it, his lips had felt so unbelievably soft when her own lips had touched them, his hard masculine body trapped under her own feminine one. She didn't know whether she had suddenly felt so warm because of the weather, the embarrassment (oh, the embarrassment!) or the heat of his lips on hers. She shook her head hard to relinquish all such thoughts from her brain. The last thing she knew was that she had screamed her frustrations into her pillow, confused and angry tears falling from her eyes, as she fell into a fitful sleep.

She was standing with Daoming Si on the edge of a cliff. Fear struck through her entire being as the crazy pineapple head advanced closer and closer towards her. He pushed her off the cliff, and she screamed as she fell, hearing his evil cackles from the top of the cliff as she descended downwards towards her likely death. "Daoming Si!!!!!" was the last thing she heard herself scream as she plummeted further and further into a dark abyss.

Her screams seemed to echo in her ears, "Daoming Si!! Daoming Si!!" She realised that she was still calling his name as she fell onto soft powdery sand. From the sandy beach, she could see Daoming Si retreating into the ocean, step by step, as the waves crashed around his feet. He finally stopped and turned around as he looked at her. "You hate me right? But it doesn't matter anymore whether you like me or you hate me. I'm leaving now, goodbye." "No!!!" she cried out after him. "Don't go, please come back!! I don't hate you!!" "Dont go...please..." she sobbed pleadingly. But still he retreated, further and deeper into the sea, the water rising above his waist, until she could almost no longer see him over the horizon.

She sat crumpled up, her face in her hands as  her whole body shook with her sobs. "I can't believe he really left," she cried to herself. "All I want is for him to come back, to tell him that I don't hate him, that I...that I..." she collapsed to the ground, just like she felt that the whole world had collapsed around her. "I love him..." she whispered, "But now it's too late..." She found herself sitting in a field of daffodils, their yellow heads swaying in the breeze. She squinted in the evening sunlight, as she caught sight of a tall figure coming towards her out of the shadows. "Daoming Si!" she gasped. You're not dead? Why are you here?" He held out his hand to her and enveloped her in his embrace. "Of course I'm not dead. I'm the invincible Daoming Si and I came back for you." "Stupid girl," he chuckled. "I could never leave you, I love you so much." She sighed contently against his chest.

It was the day of their wedding; simple, elegant and intimate just like she wanted it to be. She walked down the aisle of the small chapel on her bridegroom's arm, but was puzzled when she could not see his face. Why couldn't she see his face? The lights suddenly went off but flashed on again not a second later. A door slammed open and Daoming Si was walking towards her. He was wearing a black sweater and a green jacket, approaching to where she was standing. "Where am I?" she asked him confusedly. "Listen to me," came his reply. "There is nothing in this world which I can't have. Don't regret it." He turned around and left a dazed Shancai standing there in her wedding gown.

Her daze continued when Zhuang Jie appeared before her. She gyrated her hips to an angsty song, and then conjured up Lei, Ximen and Meizuo who propositioned Shancai on why they would make a better husband for her than Si. Shancai was overwhelmed by all these turns of events that she almost wept in desperation. "No!!!" she finally shouted. "Where is Daoming Si??" "I will only marry him and him alone, I love him with all that I am, in every minute of my life!"

The door suddenly opened again, and there he was, her groom in all his beauty, standing before her with a bouquet of flowers in his hand and surrounded by her closest friends. Shancai ran to him in relief. "I can see your face now," she sobbed. "Never leave me again." "I won't," he whispered into her hair as he kissed her on her forehead. "Let's get married now, shall we?"

That night, they lay in bed together after playing a silly game drawing doodles on each other's faces with edible paint. Si had suggested it, to lessen the pressure surrounding their wedding night. And it was perfect. It had lightened the mood and made Shancai so much more comfortable about being intimate with him. She had ended up giggling non-stop about the silly doodles on his face and on her own. He had then tried to kiss them off her face which led to one thing, and then another, and another....

Exhausted and spent, they were just contented to lie quietly in each other's arms after. However, very soon, Si bent to kiss her again as she lay sleeping peacefully, both of them still with remnants of paint on their faces.

Shancai stirred in her sleep, dreaming of Si's lips on her own. But why did it feel so real? She opened her eyes and found that her husband was indeed kissing her, ever so gently. She smiled up at him. "Ah Si, it's really you. It's really, really you." "Of course it's me, silly girl. Who else would it be?" he nuzzled her neck. She clutched at him tightly, "Ah Si, I just had the most incredible dream!" "Well, if it didn't involve me making love to you all night, which is what I am going to do right now, you can save it to tell me later" he told her, his lips trailing kisses all over her face. Shancai smiled at him again, surrendering to his kisses. This was going to be one heck of a story.
————————————————————————
AN: I sincerely hope that nobody was confused by this story! I confused myself a few times writing it 🙈 I meant for it to be a dream within a dream, if that makes any sense 😂 The sequences are not exactly the same as the show, story wise or timeline wise as I wanted to make the story flow coherently (I hope!) I can't believe that I've actually written 15 chapters and as always, I am encouraged by your comments and kind words! Thank you all for reading 😘