The Envelope

A/N: For @LoveMG10312018 who requested for this in the comments on the previous story. Sorry I took so long, but I just recently had the idea for it 😉
————————————————————————
Shancai stood and looked at herself in the full length mirror of her bedroom, completely naked. She frowned as she gazed at her reflection.

She didn't like what she saw. Her bump was small yet noticeable, like as if she had eaten too much hotpot. Her breasts had grown larger. Her waistline was disappearing inch by inch. Her hips had become wider and curvier.

She almost felt like bursting into tears. She had had insecurities about her body image her whole life, and this did not help one bit.

She stared at herself sadly, shaking her head. Would Daoming Si find her no longer unattractive? No longer sexy? Would he still desire her the way he used to?

Tears threatened to prick the back of her eyes but she hastily brushed them away. It must be the pregnancy hormones, she thought to herself.

Shancai decided to get dressed, but that was a whole other problem in itself. Her usual clothes no longer fit her, and yet she wasn't quite ready for maternity clothes. She threw herself onto her bed in frustration, staring up at the ceiling.

She finally pulled on leggings and a red sweater and headed downstairs. She had never liked that sweater, but as she couldn't be bothered with her appearance today, she figured it didn't matter.

As she was walking down the stairs, the doorbell rang. She wondered who could it be, at such an odd hour. Then she heard the tapping of Mrs Yu's cane coming towards her.

"Shancai, there is a lawyer here to see Ah Si. I told him that Ah Si is not home, but he said he had strict instructions to see Ah Si only, so he would wait. Do you want to meet him?"

Shancai was puzzled. Her husband had never told her about any lawyer. And why was the lawyer being so mysterious? She walked towards the living room.

She saw a handsome man sitting on the sofa, smartly dressed in a black suit. On the table in front of him was a large brown envelope. He rose to greet her as she entered the room. She suddenly felt frumpy and underdressed. She wished she had worn something else, but it could not be helped now.

"Good day Mrs Daoming", he smiled at her as she extended her hand to shake his.

"I'm sorry that my husband is not home. Maybe you can let me know the purpose of your visit and I'll pass the message to him?"

"Oh, I just need to pass this to him," the lawyer said to her, gesturing to the envelope on the table.

"You can pass it to me then, I'll make sure he gets it," Shancai told him, reaching out to take the envelope but he quickly picked it up and away from her reach.

"Erm, I'm so sorry, but I was given strict instructions to pass this to Mr Daoming only," the lawyer told her, avoiding his gaze from her surprised face.

Ah Si suddenly rushed into the room, panting for breath.

"Li Xian! You're here! Didn't I ask you to come to my office?"

"Mr Daoming! My secretary told me that you expressly asked me to come to your home!"

Si buried his hands in his face as Shancai looked at him incredulously.

"Ah Si? What's going on??"

Si turned to face her and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Darling, can you leave us for a bit? I need to discuss some matters with Mr Li here."