You Make Everything Better (P. H)

WARNINGS : none. Just fluff.

Gifs are not mine, got them from Tumblr, all credit to the right owners.

Enjoy!!

Today had been a long day for (y/n). She worked part-time for the sheriff's department and she was also nurse at the hospital. So her schedule was relatively busy.

She originally started taking shifts at the hospital, planning to buy a place in Beacon Hills so she could help the pack. Until she earned enough to buy a small apartment a block away from the Hale loft, she'd been staying with Lydia.

Recently though, money had been tight, forcing her to not only work double shifts, but get another partime job on the days she only had one shift.

Peter hated how tired she would be when she came home. She wouldn't eat properly, she'd be stressed because of both work and pack stuff. Her health wasn't at its peak in recent days.

He'd argued with (y/n) for days, saying how she wouldn't have to work another day in her life if she allowed him to help. She being her stubborn self, refused. And he didn't understand why.

She'd told him that she couldn't ask someone to pay all her bills for her, it wasn't right. She also didn't like the idea of having to be so dependent on someone.

Plus, the more she did, the more people she helped. And going to bed at night knowing that even just a few more people went to bed alive and feeling safe, made her sleep better. Especially considering most of the time, people involved with the supernatural rarely make it out alive.

To her it was a small sacrifice to make, and so she didn't necessarily see the error of her ways- that maybe she pushing herself a little too much.

Peter had therefore taken it upon himself to make sure she ate, which, believe it or not, is something she seemed to forget to do quite often. He cleaned her apartment for her, did all her laundry, everything.

He practically moved in with her, staying with her whenever she came home, making sure she'd get even a little bit of sleep.

He'd be there to calm her down when shed have a particularly bad or busy day. And he'd go to such lengths to relax her when she seemed restless.

It was great, to be honest. To have such an amazing person to come home to. Someone who could take away all the pain with just a simple kiss, one that would leave her head spinning, forgetting about everything except him in that moment.

Which is why when (y/n) walked through the door calling her lover's name, receiving no response, she was quite disappointed.

She trugged off her coat and boots, dropping her bag and half-heartidly made her way to the shower.

Once she was stripped of all her clothes, she climbed into the cool shower, humming a light tune as she let the water cascade down her body.

After a few minutes, she felt
muscular arms wrap themselves around her torso and she sank into the familiar chest, a content sigh escaping her lips.

"mmmh how was your day, sweetheart?" Peter hummed, planting kisses along the side of her neck to the top of her shoulder.

"Not that bad actually. You remember Jacob?"
"The little boy with the kidney thingi," he responded. (y/n) giggled. "yeah, well a donor came through today. His surgery is being booked for tomorrow."
"Well that's good news," he said between kisses.

Despite his usually being interested in hearing about her day, it was evident that now was not one of those moments.

She turned around in his arms, her own wrapping around his waist as she leaned her forehead against his.

"How are you?" she gently asked him. "I've been so absorbed in my life that I didn't realize I haven't been paying enough attention to you," she explained.

He looked at her with such love she was sure her heart would combust at any moment. Pink dusted his cheeks and he leaned in to give her a soft, lingering kiss. " I'm doing better now that I'm with you, " he whispered, eyes closed as he reveled in the feeling of being in her arms.

(y/n) noticed this, and felt a sudden pang of guilt. She really had been neglecting him, but he didn't change his attitude towards her once. Not once did he make her feel bad, and this fact made her feel even worse.

"Let me make it up to you," she said in a slightly flirtatious tone, pulling him with her until her back hit the shower wall.

"As tempting as that is baby, and believe, me it is very tempting, I'd much rather just settle for something that doesn't require much effort."

"Like?" Peter was shy when it came to certain things. He could be a big softie around (y/n) but he hasn't ever had a relationship like the one he has with her. And sometimes conveying all his emotions was a little bit difficult for him to do. He is a Hale, after all.

He nestled his face into her wet hair, making her giggle. A small smile appeared on his lips as he shyly whispered, "Cuddles?"

This made (y/n) melt. She loved how this side of him was reserved for only her, and he was being genuine.

She pulled back, cupping his face in both hands, kissing his forehead before saying, "Cuddles sounds excellent. "

He blushed, and then pulled her in for another hug, one hand wrapped lovingly around her waist and the gently stroking her hair.

After they finished washing and drying up, Peter carried a giggling (y/n) to the bed

After they finished washing and drying up, Peter carried a giggling (y/n) to the bed. Not bothering with any clothing, they wrapped themselves in each other, relishing the feeling of skin against skin.

"Thank you," (y/n) whispered, breaking the silence. "For what baby?" Peter asked. "For this. For everything. You make me so happy Peter. You make everything better," she said sleepily, turning her head to kiss the nape of his neck.

His stomach filled with butterflies. It should be him thanking her. Before he can say anything though, soft snores full the once comfortable silence, making him chuckle.

He kissed her forehead and whispered, "Thank you (y/n), my sweet love." Her soft snores and the gentle sound of her heartbeat lulling him into slumber himself.

~~~

~~~