Isacc Lahey (Réunion)

WARNINGS : none, just fluff

SUMMARY : Isaac broke up with the reader before he left Beacon Hills. After his time in France, he returns to Beacon Hills and to his former lover.

Requested by the lovely : blackwiddowmegafan

Thank you for your patience and your kind words, love.

Hope you enjoy!!

*****

You don't know how you ended up lying down on the couch with that picture clutched in your hand, or how long you had been sitting there for.

It was a picture of you and Isaac, one that you took when the pack went swimming at the local lake. The two of had large grins on your faces, his arm wrapped protectively around you as you laughed at his sopped hair in your face.

You giggled, biting your finger in thought. Those were the good times.

Not that these weren't. Although Isaac broke up with you before he left for France, you were quite happy. Just....lonely.

You weren't mad or anything, just slightly upset at what your lives had become. But hey, it was worth it. If your brother had never been bitten, you would've never met Derek. And through Derek, Isaac.

"You okay, is?" Scott's voice broke you away from your thoughts.

You smiled at him, reaching out to place the photo on its original spot over the fireplace.

"I know you miss him. He misses you too."

He moved to sit next to you, and you tilted your head in question at the look on his face.

"How do you know? Have you messaged him?"

"Uh..."

You smiled mischeviously. "Uh what Mcall? Hiding thins now are we?"

"N-no," he lied, a huge smile making its way onto his face.

"Then hooow do you know," you laughed, playfully poking his sides.

"Because he wouldn't shut up about you." You looked at Stiles who leaned against the doorframe with...Isaac?

"Isaac??" you whispered, almost not believing your own eyes.

He smiled shyly, running a hand through his hair. "Hey babygirl."

You didn't even hesitate, running straight into his open arms you just missed running over Stiles in the process.

He picked you up and swung you around, making you both laugh.

When he finally set you down, you reached up to kiss him, stopping halfway with embarrassment.

"I'm going to take this as a sign to leave-"

You giggled as your friend stumbled out of the room, dragging a glaring Alpha along with him.

"Do anything you're not supposed to-''

"Yeah yeah, you'll kill me, I know," Isaac said sheepishly, but you could tell there was an air of fear.

"When did you get back? Why did you come back? I thought it wasn't safe here."

He looked guiltily at you. "It isn't. But I just couldn't...I didn't want....shit this is a lot harder than I pictured it to be."

You rubbed his arm comfortingly, something you seemed to subconsciously do when he was on edge.

"I missed you," he whispered, taking your hand in his and placing it on his cheek and sighing in relief when you gently caressed the soft skin.

"I left because everyone knows we're dating. Or were...you know...the...whatever... this is," he took a deep breath before going on, "I wanted to keep you safe. You're Scott's sister. I knew you'd be in safe hands."

"And yours weren't?" you blurted out before you could stop yourself.

He smiled at you. "I always loved how much faith you have in me."

You smiled lovingly at him. "Nevermind that, at least you're here."

You hugged him to again, heart fluttering as you felt him bury his head in your hair, as if making sure you were really real. You pulled back slightly, arms still wrapped around each other. "How long will you be staying?" you whispered, slightly hating the desperation in your voice, but at the same time, not giving a shit about it.

He leaned his forehead against yours, and you automatically nuzzled your noses together, making him bit his lip. That damn lip bite, tho.

"As long as you want me to."

"Why did you come back Isaac?" Your heart was beating out of your chest in anticipation and you had no doubt he could hear it.

He cupped your face in his hands, and slowly brought your lips to his.

For the first time in a very long time you felt like everything was right, like everything was okay. You melted into his hold and pulled him even closer if that was even possible.

When you pulled away, he still held you close, taking a few moments to gather himself. "Leaving you was the worst decision of my entire fucking life. I can't stay away from you any longer, (y/n). If you'll have me...I want you back. God I want you back so badly."

You pulled him down by his scarf into another searing kiss, jumping and wrapping your legs around him as he carried you both to the couch.

You landed with an oof and maneuvered yourself so you were on top of him.

"I missed you too, puppy," you giggled as he teasingly poked your sides, making you squeal.

"I love you," you said through your giggles, making him stop.

"I love you too, and I'm never going anywhere without you." He leaned up to push his lips against yours, lovingly threading his hands through your hair. "I promise."

******