Chapter 13

"May you have to pay more attention in class!" Scott shouted as we walked in the door. "I answered correctly didn't I?" I asked. "You did, but it took you a minute. You looked at me. For all I know you may have been looking at my notes!" He shouted.

I groaned and stomped upstairs to my room. "May I'm not done yet!" Scott bellowed. "I don't care!" I yelled before slamming my door shut. I flopped onto my bed and felt my breath quicken. I sniffled as I heard a knock on my door. I wiped away my tears and faced the door.

"Come in." I murmured. Scott walked in and sat next to me on my bed. "May, I just want you to do good in school." He said. I looked away and waited for him to leave. "Please look at me. You're like my sister. I can't stand having you mad at me." He begged.

I whipped my head in his direction and glared at him. "It's too late Scooter. I'm already mad at you." I growled. "Please May. I need you to not be mad at me." He begged. I looked away and saw Hunter run into the room. I saw terror in his little eyes.

"Someone's at the door and it doesn't look good for you!" Hunter shrieked. I jumped up and ran down the stairs. "Wait! Did the cat just talk!" Scott yelled.

I ran to the door and threw it open. My breath hitched in my throat. "Misty?" I asked. She smiled at me. "Hey May. Can I come in?" She asked. I stepped aside and let her in. "Nice house. Where's your room?" She asked. "Um. Upstairs" I said. "Can we go there?" She asked.

I nodded and led her to my room. "Woah. May, are you and Misty actually getting along?" Scott asked. "Say one word to anyone and I'll do more than slap you," I said. I walked into my room and shut the door behind Misty.

"Okay. Why are you here?" I asked. "I didn't think Avi would break the news to you." She said. "What news?" I asked. "Me and him are dating." She said. "Great," I said. "You're happy?" She asked.

I nodded with a fake smile plastered on my face. "Maybe we can be friends?" I asked. She burst into laughter. "Maybe. I don't know for sure though. Let me see your closet." She said.

I opened my closet for her and she shook her head. "If this is all you have to wear, then I'm sorry. I can't be friends with some goth girl." She said.

"I'll wear anything you want me too." I blurted. She smiled and looked around. "Come to my house tomorrow." She said. I nodded and she walked out of my room and out of the house. I sat down on my bed and stared at the wall blankly.

What did I just agree too?