Part 4: The Badge and the Burden

It's morning again in Beacon academy, and the academy grounds were quiet with the tranquility of morning. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and—

TWEEEEEEEEEEET!

—all of that peace was interrupted when the leader of Team RWBY decided to wake up the last two people in her room with the shrill blast of a whistle.

Weiss was already getting up, but at the sound that was next to her ear, she fell out of bed face first. V, who was set up in the corner on the fifth bed, suddenly burst into a standing position, cane at the ready to attack an invader, only to find the rest of Team RWBY (sans Weiss) ready for the day.

"What in the world is wrong with you?" Weiss shouted at their new leader.

"Now that you're both awake, we can get to our first order of business!" Ruby announced, oblivious two the fact that Weiss was incredibly pissed off.

"And what would that be, sending me to the nurse's office for cardiac arrest?" V asked, throwing on his uniform shirt and jacket.

"Decorating!" Yang held numerous assorted items in her hands from pillows and pamphlets to....a candle holder?

I have several questions, but chief among them is "Why."

"We still have to unpack," Blake pointed out, holding up a suitcase that promptly opened, spilling out its contents. Weiss was not amused by the situation, and Ruby suddenly blowing on her whistle out of nowhere again certainly didn't help that. V was slightly miffed by the sudden wake up, yet he got over it.

"Alright! Weiss, Blake, Yang, their friend V, and their fearless leader Ruby have begun their first mission! Banzai!" cheered Ruby, raising her first in the air.

"Banzai!" Yang and Blake joined in, raising their fists as well.

V simply sighed and sat on his bed to read his book. He didn't bring much to unpack, and even then, hopefully he wouldn't be in this room forever. While he read, he glanced up occasionally to watch what his roommates were doing. He pinched the bridge of his nose when Yang put up a poster of a group called "The Achieve Men," nodded in approval at a painting of a forest that Weiss hung up, and Ruby...he rolled his eyes as she slashed a curtain in half diagonally with Crescent Rose.

His eyes finally landed on Blake, who was putting books on a nearby shelf. However, she paused and glanced around nervously as she picked up one; V managed to get a glimpse of the title:

"Ninja's of Love"

Blake looked at him with fear in her eyes probably worried he'd tell everyone else about the...suggestive literature. However, V simply put a finger to his lips with a slight smirk, assuaging her worries.

On second thought, maybe I shouldn't ask Blake for recommendations on literature.

He continued to watch as they kept placing more and more assorted items and decorations until finally, they were finished. All of their beds had been squished together, forcing V to stand up by the door with the girls observing their handiwork; the room was littered with everything they had unpacked and there was next to no space left.

"This isn't going to work," Weiss said.

"It is a bit cramped," Blake observed.

"Really? I wouldn't have guessed," V wisecracked.

"Maybe we could ditch some of our stuff," Yang said.

"Or maybe we could ditch the beds..." Ruby began.

"Don't you dare throw out mine," V interrupted.

"And make bunk beds!" Ruby finished, throwing her hands into the air enthusiastically.