Part 7: The Stray

Excerpt from "Legends and Myths of Remnant," Chapter 4: The Legendary Dark Knight

The Legendary Dark Knight, Sparda, is one of humanity's oldest heroes. While humans still struggled against the creatures of Grimm, Sparda was a beacon in the dark. With his powers, he protected humanity from those that would see them destroyed.

No one knows where Sparda came from or how he got his powers, but there is little doubt that his assistance helped allow humanity to grow and develop. He helped humanity discover the uses of Aura and Dust, and he essentially helped found modern society.

However, after years and years of lending his aid to humans, the Legendary Dark Knight suddenly vanished without a trace, never to be seen again.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

It was a normal morning at Beacon Academy. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and the morning news was still reporting on Dust robberies and the White Fang.

It was completely normal.

Completely normal indeed.

"I AM GOING TO KILL YOU YANG!" Blake screamed down the hallway towards the blonde girl who was sprinting away with a victorious grin on her face.

"You'll never take me alive!" she taunted, managing to stay far ahead of her enraged teammate.

"That's the point!"

Yang continued to laugh. What she had just pulled off was unbelievably hilarious.

Yang dove behind a large tree in the first courtyard she ran into, looking back to find Blake run out and double over, gasping for air as she looked down the multiple hallways connecting to the area, looking for any sign of the troublesome blonde.

Yang pressed her back against the tree and snickered.

This is the greatest thing I've ever done, she took out her scroll in her left hand to admire her handiwork. However, her celebration was short lived as she heard a growl to her right. She looked down to find the pitch black form of Shadow glaring up at her with his red eyes with Blake behind him pointing Gambol Shroud at her.

"Alright Yang. Let's head back to the room so you can explain to us why you did that and so I can explain to Ruby that I actually don't plan to murder you in your sleep."

Yang simply gave a sheepish grin before walking back to the dorm with Shadow and Blake behind her, boring holes into her back with their glares.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

(A few minutes earlier)

The sun was barely up. Blake was sound asleep in her bed, laying on her side.

All of a sudden, she felt a light tickling on her shoulder. She waved it off with her hand as she tried to sleep.

A moment later, it happened again. She groaned as she turned over. As she began to rest again, she felt something pressed on her forehead. Blake finally opened her eyes to see what it was.

V.

She smiled before closing her eyes again, wrapping her arms around the tattooed teen.

Wait a minute!

Her eyes shot open in realization of the situation she was in. She stared in horror at the face of V, only inches from her own.

V?!?!!

What made matters worse was the fact that she was pressed against him and it was her arms around him. Even worse was the fact that her slight panicking was causing the boy to stir in his sleep as he awoke.