Friends and Meeting Jojo//Ch.2

Kaycee giggled in joy as the small dog licked her face, wiggling in her arms. Her and Sean were sitting on the couch in the living room, watching Friends while their lunch was cooking. Sean had to practically interrogate her for her favorite food when she claimed to not have one, and after a small debate they agreed on chicken and rice.

"Oreo, leave Kaycee alone", Sean laughed, easing the squirming dog off of the girl. She smiled in thanks, before turning her attention back to the TV, while Sean's eyes stayed on her. The afternoon sunshine illuminated her face as he took in every detail of the piece of art stretched out in front of him. The way she smiled with her eyes, the freckles that were sprinkled on her cheeks, looking like tiny constellations. The tiny dimples that were engraved in her cheeks as she laughed at something Ross said. She's something special, alright.

His thoughts were interrupted by the timer going off on his phone, letting him know the food was ready. He sighed, and begrudgingly stood up, going to get the food. He had promised his friends that they would grab lunch together after class but after his encounter with Kaycee, he cancelled, claiming his family needed him home. It was unlike him to just drop everything for someone he just met, but there was just something about her that made him lose all restraint, something he had never felt before. He carefully carried two plates back into the living room, seeing Kaycee no longer focused on TV but instead staring wide-eyed at her phone. He had given it back on the car ride over but was now questioning that choice. Her skin had lost all color and her hands were shaking, she was so entranced that she didn't even notice him set down a plate in front of her, or him saying her name.

"Kaycee? Are you alright?" He repeated, timidly laying a hand on her shoulder. She shivered at the touch, looking up at him.

"Y-ya, I'm good." She lied, avoiding his eyes.

"I know we just met but you know you can tell me anything, right? I care for you and I don't want to see you upset." He said, gently squeezing her boney shoulder. When the words left his mouth, she looked like she was going to cry. She looked down, taking a second to breathe before looking him in the eyes again.

"Thank you, Sean, for everything. A lot has happened to me in the past year and the kindness you have shown me just today really means a lot to me. I trust you but I'm just not ready to talk about it just yet. You being here for me is enough." Kaycee stated. It wasn't admitting to anything but it was a promise that when she could, she would tell him everything. She didn't know why she felt so secure around him, but she was grateful for the sense of security.

"Hey anytime" he smiled, reassuringly, "ready to taste perfection?"

"Perfection, huh? What are you, a world renowned chef?"

She rolled her eyes playfully, grabbing the plate in front of her. She cut a piece of chicken, and took a bite. Her eyes widened in appreciation and surprise, looking back at him incredulously.

"Eh, something like that" He joked back, humbly.

"This is so good, what the heck? Is there anything the great Sean Lew isn't good at?" She accused.

"Nope. Im good at everything, including uno, which you are about to get beat at." he claimed pulling out the game from under the coffee table.

"Oh you're on, Lewser." she retorted, opening the deck.
~

"No way! You're cheating!" Sean shot up throwing his cards down as the girl smiled, gloating.

"Nope. I'm just that good" Kaycee mocked, picking up the cards and stuffing them back in the box. She glanced at the clock hanging behind Sean and cursed, "Sean if we want to make it Jojo's class on time we need to leave like now."