Sweet Nothings //Ch.10

Kaycee collapsed on Sean's bed, groaning in exhaustion. Her muscles were sore and ached after rehearsals. They had changed the song a grand total of three times now and were getting close to a routine the could use for the duels. Kaycee, being Kaycee, had forgotten to set an alarm this morning and was an hour late to Sean's house today. She felt so guilty that she had rushed over, demanding they get started right away, skipping any warm up or stretching. She was regretting that decision now as she flopped onto Seans bed, flinching as her sore back hit the mattress.

"I told you, you should have stretched before rehearsals." Sean lectured from beside her, watching as his partner tried to hide her reaction from him. She sighed, rolling onto her stomach.

"I know that now." She grunted, remembering his lecture from this morning on the importance of stretching and a proper warm up.

"Take off your shirt, and lay back down." Sean instructed, grabbing lotion from his desk.

"Why?" Kaycee asked, eyeing him suspiciously.

"Relax Kayc, its nothing I haven't seen before. I got you." She glared at him for using those words against her, but did as he said anyways.

She pulled Sean's sweatshirt off and laid back down on his bed, in nothing but shorts and a bra. Sean sucked in a breath looking at her, he had seen her like this before but she never failed to take his breath away. She is beautiful.

Kaycee flinched in surprise when she felt Sean's warm hands on her back, rubbing some lotion in before massaging her, pressing into knots. When he found the source of her pain, a huge knot in her lower back, close to her spine, she let out a yelp, wiggling away.

"I know it hurts, Angel, but we have to do this if you want it to feel better. I'll try to be more gentle, lay back down." he reasoned, feeling bad that her was the one causing her pain.

She nodded at him before laying back down, letting him work his magic again. He eased off the pressure and worked on it for a while, before moving up her back to her shoulders, stopping as her reached her bra, not wanting to ruin it with lotion.

"Can I remove this?" Sean asked, tugging on the back of her bra. She nodded in consent, before she felt a sharp pinch on the back of her thigh.

"A real answer, Rice." Sean asserted, laughing at the small squeak that came from the girl.

"Yes, you can take it off" She responded, sassily.

He gently unclipped the bra, removing the straps from her shoulders, before continuing. He kneaded the tense muscles around her neck and shoulders, hearing her breath hitch whenever he found a tight spot.

He stopped only he heard her breathing even out, assuming she was asleep. He re-clasped her bra, before pulling the covers over her shoulders, crawling into bed next to her. He turned the lamp off and rolled over looking at the sleeping girl next to her.

"I love you, Kaycee Rice," he murmured to the sleeping girl. Or so he thought.

~

Kaycee awoke to the smell of pancakes, and threw one of Sean's hoodies on before padding downstairs. Last nights events were still engraved in her mind. He had told her he loved her.

Sean stood at the stove, jumping a little when he felt two thin arms wrap around him from behind. He smiled, wrapping one arm over hers, before turning off the stove and handing her a plate.

The two sat outside to eat, enjoying the sunny day. Kaycee took a sip of her orange juice before breaking the silence.

"Sean I need to talk to you about something."

"What's up, Kayc?" Sean asked.

"Last night you said something to me. You thought I was asleep, but I wasn't. Im not sure if you meant it or not but—"

"I meant—" Sean cut her off.

"No, let me finish. I love you too, Sean." She proclaimed.

"You do?" Sean asked, looking like a little kid who was told he could have ice cream.

"I do."

As soon as the words left her mouth, his lips were on hers. She smiled against him as he pulled her body against his and put his hands in her hair, deepening the kiss. After a few seconds they pulled away, both flushed.

"As much as I want this to continue, we really need to rehearse."