Official Partners? //Ch.5

"Have you ever been in love before?" Sean's words echoed through his bedroom.

Several hours ago they had gotten frozen yogurt with his friends, and Kaycee was grateful for them accepting her into their group so quickly. After frozen yogurt, Sean offered to hang out back at his house, one thing led to another, and now the two laid next to each other on top of the comforter on his bed, playing 20 questions. It was 10:00pm and they had been talking for hours, but neither one wanted to stop, they were too entranced by each other's company.

Kaycee blinked at the question, "Where did that come from, Shamu?"

"Stop trying to avoid the question, Rice"

A sigh escaped her lips as she closed her eyes, "Yes, I have. What about you?"

"Not yet," the boy shrugged, rolling on his side to stare at the goddess laying next to him, "What's it like."

"Scary." came the girl's honest answer, "Frustrating. You don't have control over your feelings anymore, someone else does, and you just have to trust them to not hurt you, or accept that they eventually will."

"Wow. That was depressing." he remarked, giving her a look.

"Sorry. It's probably not supposed to be like that, but I loved the wrong person, so I wouldn't know." She said rolling on her side to look at him.

"Did you break up with him?" Sean questioned

"Im pretty sure it's my turn.."

"Shut up," he laughed, playfully hitting her with a pillow. Kaycee giggled, staring at the ceiling and hugging the pillow.

"Yes I left him, he ended up cheating on me and I realized no matter how hard I tried, he would never love me they way that I loved him" came the girl's depressing response, immediately making Sean feel guilty for pressuring her.

"I'm so sorry, Kayc. He was an idiot not to see how amazing you are." Kaycee squeezed her eyes shut, struggling to hold back tears.

Sean sat up, pulling the emotional girl up with him, "Hey, you know how amazing you are right?" Kaycee nodded, not trusting her voice.

"Come here" the two words were all it took before Kaycee broke down, falling into his awaiting arms. Her stroked her hair gently, rubbing her back as she sobbed into his shoulder. After she had let it all out, he didn't question her, which she was eternally grateful for.

"Im sorry," Kaycee murmured, slowly pulling away from Sean's comforting arms.

"Hey you have nothing to be sorry for, it's perfectly okay to cry, we are all human." He reassured, rubbing her shoulder.

"Thank you," she shivered, wiping tears from her face.

"No problem, Ricebowl." He began pulling off his sweatshirt.

"What are you—" Kaycee trailed off, staring at his abs as his shirt crept up. He rolled his eyes at her,
handing her the sweatshirt.

"You're cold, here take it." he demanded, handing it to her.

"No, I can't. What about you?"

"I have tons of those, shut up and take the sweatshirt, Rice." he cut off her protests, smiling as he watched her pull his signature Lewser hoodie over her head. She looked good in his clothes.

He pulled out his phone, snapping a picture of her in his hoodie. He smiled uploading it to his instagram with the angel emoji, tagging her in it.

"You look good," Sean complimented, showing her the picture. Her face flushed red at the comment.

"Thanks," she mumbled. He smiled, enjoying the effect he had on her. Suddenly an idea popped into his head.

"Come back here, lie down."

"Why?"

"Just trust me", she nodded laying down with her head in his lap, while he leaned against his headboard. He gently began running his fingers through her hair, playing with her curls. Kaycee breathed out a sigh of content, letting her eyes close and leaning into his touch. She didn't remember the last time she had felt so relaxed or so loved, especially around a boy, but there was just something about him.

The two stayed like that for a while, letting a comfortable silence take over the room as they enjoyed each other's company.

ding

A notification from his laptop broke the silence.

"You should check that," Kaycee advised, leaving her  eyes closed.

"Why? It's not going anywhere," Sean stated, reluctant to leave his position. Kaycee giggled, sitting up, "It could be important, besides, I'm not going anywhere either."

Sean sighed hopping up and grabbing his laptop, before returning to his place on the bed. He opened the notification, noticing it was from the producers of the new NBC show, World of Dance. His eyes scanned the email, his smile growing as he did so.

"What is it?" Kaycee questioned, watching him closely.

"It's from the new TV show, World of Dance, they want me to audition." Sean smiled, looking at her.

"Sean that's amazing!" Kaycee cheered, hugging her best friend.

"I want you to audition with me." He proclaimed, hugging her back.

"Sean I'd love to! Are you sure?" She asked

"Of course Im sure, actually I've been meaning to talk to you. Ever since we danced together, I've realized, I have never felt more excited about dancing than when I dance with you. We just have this chemistry and connection when we dance and it's something special that we shouldn't just pass up. So, Kaycee Caitlin Rice, will you give me the honor of being your  official dance partner?" Sean proposed, praying she would say yes.

"Of course!" Kaycee beamed, leaping into Sean's arms. He just held her, wishing they could stay like that forever.

Kaycee pulled away smiling, "So any ideas for choreography?"

"Yes, actually. I have this piece I've been thinking about for a while now, Wrong Words. Its about two people who say the wrong things to each other and are both hurt by their miscommunication." He pitched his idea, watching Kaycee's nod along in approval.

"Sean that's a great idea! We could even start the dance with blindfolds around our mouths, and take them off at the end of the dance. To show that when they stopped hurting each other, they were both freed."She offered.

"Thats a great idea, Kaycee!" he smiled at his partner.

He started teaching her the choreography, joking around and enjoying each others company. And by the end of the night they lay curled up in Sean's bed, content in each other's embrace.