Not everyone is good//Ch.3

"Kaycee, what happened to your eye?"

shit

Of course her drugstore concealer, claiming to be waterproof, had to pick and choose when it was going to stay on.

Kaycee cringed at the question, her hand shooting up to her eye, only to be immediately removed by Jojo's. Jojo tucked Kaycee's hair behind her ear, tilting her head up to better inspect the bruise. Kaycee looked down, fidgeting with her hands, while Janelle and Will leaned over, looking at the bruise as well. Kaycee tried to pull away, feeling exposed and vulnerable, but Jojo didn't let her.

"Kaycee, what happened?" Jojo repeated, firmly.

"I was bullied at my old school, it happened the day before I moved, I didn't want anyone to know." Kaycee mumbled, not meeting their eyes.

It was only a half lie, she was bullied and it did happen the day before she moved, just not by the people who bullied her.

When did she become such a good liar?

Jojo sighed and pulled her into a motherly embrace, while Janelle and Will looked at each other in concern.

"Thank you for telling me, I know that took a lot of bravery. If something like this ever happens again, I want you to come to myself or Will and Janelle, ok? An adult needs to know. Do your parents know?"

Their dead.

Kaycee nodded, pulling away from Jojo's arms. Another lie. "Well this still looks a little swollen, let's go put some ice on it and then I'll turn you loose" Jojo sighed, feeling sympathy for the young girl.

"And if you ever need anything, just ask, alright? Our door is always open if you want to talk," Janelle asserted.

"Thank you so much!" Kaycee blurted, pulling Janelle and Will into a hug. The couple smiled, happy they could help the girl. They said their goodbyes and left her in Jojo's hands, heading out for the night.

Jojo led her to the rec room, telling her to sit on the counter, before disappearing into a smaller room adjacent to the one they were in. Sean followed the girls, extremely worried.

He had left kaycee after class because the conversation seemed private, and even then he had stayed in the hallway, waiting for her. So when he saw Jojo leading her out of the studio with a black eye, he was concerned.

He leaned against the doorframe of the rec room, staring at the beautiful girl sitting on the counter. She wore leggings and a loose sweatshirt that hung off of her thin frame, but still looked like a goddess in Sean's eyes.

"What happened." he asked. She finally acknowledged his presence, turning her gaze towards him and then back to the floor.

"Not everyone is like you, Sean. Not everyone is good." She mumbled.

It wasn't an answer and they both knew it.

He sighed, walking towards her, "Why did you hide it?" He was right in front of her now, gently taking her hand, drawing circles with his thumb on her wrist.

"I didn't want people to think I was a freak." She met his steady gaze. "Just because I know I'm broken, doesn't mean the whole world has to know."

"You're broken?" he questioned, gently.

"I don't want to be." the heartbreaking words tumbled out of her mouth.

He leaned his forehead against hears, his hands on  either side of her frail body, trapping her in. They both closed their eyes, savoring the moment.

"I have your ice, Kaycee" Jojo announced, breaking the teenagers out of their trance. Sean took the ice from Jojo, gently pressing it onto Kaycee's eye. Kaycee brought her hand up in attempt to take the ice from him, only to have it gently pushed down by Sean.

Jojo smiled, watching the interaction.

They would make a great duo.

"Im going to head home. Sean I trust you to watch over her?" Jojo asked.

Sean nodded dutifully, grabbing both his and Kaycee's bags, before helping her down from the counter. The trio walked out of the empty studio and into the dark night, and Kaycee opened her uber app, only to have her phone snatched from her hands by Sean once again.

"Come on Ricebowl, you should know better by now", he joked, grabbing her free hand and pulling her towards his car. She rolled her eyes but allowed him to drag her along with him. He helped her into the car before getting in himself and then asked where she was staying.

"For now I'm staying at the Holiday Inn downtown, until I-my family finds a place" Kaycee corrected herself, plucking her phone from Sean's hoodie pocket.

"Ok well tell your parents I said hi, and that I can drive you wherever you need to go, since this is on my way home." He insisted, looking to spend more time with the girl.

"Alright", she giggled, "Im sure they'd appreciate that." If they were still alive.

"Anytime."

During the ride to the hotel they talked as if they were old friends, and Kaycee told Sean about her conversation with Will and Janelle. He was elated for her to join immaBEAST, as they had helped him tremendously in his dance career and shaped him as a person. He couldn't wait to see how far Kaycee would go with their support.

He pulled up to the hotel, parking, before jogging around the car and grabbing the door for her. He took her dance bag and walked her to her room, inspecting her eye one last time.

"Hey can I have your number," he asked suddenly, making her blush.

"Not like that! Just so I can see what classes you're going to and give you rides and stuff," he trailed off, awkwardly.

"Oh, ya, here" She mumbled, taking his phone and typing in her contact

"Thanks, take it easy Kaycee," He advised, but before he could turn away he felt to small arms wrap around him, holding on tight. He smiled, gently wrapping his arms around her, wresting his chin on the top of her head.

"Thank you." She blurted into his chest, her words muffled by his hoodie. He gently brushed his hand through her hair, noting that the girl smelled of strawberries.

"Hey, it was no problem, really," He smiled, a little saddened as she slowly pulled away.

She shot him one last smile before turning and disappearing into her room, taking her dance bag from him as she did so.

He sighed, standing alone in the quiet hallway and rubbed a hand down his face, what was this girl doing to him.

He stumbled back to his car, lost in thought about her as he drove home. She was a phenomenal dancer, that much was clear, but he was more entranced by her. The way they acted like best friends after a day of knowing each other, the natural chemistry they had dancing together this morning, the way he felt like he had been missing her his whole life.

He quietly entered the house, grabbing dinner and bounding up the stairs to his room. After eating and showering he finally checked his phone and his whole face lit up at the message.

Ricebowl♥️
Hey are you going to immabeast tommorow?

Shamu
Yes I am, may I have the honor of driving you there, Miss Rice

Rice bowl♥️
You may, indeed.

Shamu
pick you up at 8am?

Ricebowl♥️
Sounds perfect;)

He smiled, locking his phone.

tomorrow couldn't come fast enough.