six

"We didn't have any carrots at home, so I'm going to have to get some from the cafeteria"Margo informed Edward as they made their way into the large lunch room. Edward walked beside her, he couldn't help but notice that she began to allow him closer to her, Carlisle had said it was a sign that she was beginning to trust him.

Edward had begun asking his father everything and anything about Aspergers, which he then applied to what fits for Margo; because every person was different and no two people dealt with the syndrome the same. Carlisle had explained that though people with Aspergers struggled with social cues and human interaction(some more than others, of course), it didn't mean they didn't want it, and they felt just as lonely as anyone else would but their struggles might stop them. It made the pale boy sad, knowing that she felt lonely, knowing he could have started this process long before he had, knowing he'd wasted time when Margo might have needed him.

Carlisle had also explained that it was hard for people like Margo to let others in, but when they did, they often became dependent and loyal to the other person; the way Margo had with Owen. Edward wasn't sure if he deserved that. The idea that Margo could one day possibly love him unconditionally and loyally, was almost overwhelming to him.

"Did you know that in 2.3 million years the earth will be too hot for human life?"Margo asked as the two of them made their way over to the vegetable stand, the question not failing to make the tall boy smile as he looked at her.

"Really?"Margo nodded her head.

"But I disagree"

"Why?"

"Because Animals, which we are, adapt. It's not like one day humans will wake up and its suddenly hotter, it will happen over time, which we will adapt too; like everything else. Darwin's theory can't just apply to some points in time" Margo had a way of thinking of things in a way Edward hadn't thought of before, it never failed to amaze him. After being on the earth for as long as he had, it was like someone finally turned the lights in his brain back on, and he could see things from a different point of view for the first time.

"Hey Margo, how are you?"Bella said as she saw the two walk towards the cart where the Swan girl stood making food art at the end of one side.

"Hi Bella, I'm fine" She said, giving her a very small and very awkward smile as she picked up a beige bowl from the end of the cart and began making her way to the bucket of Carrot sticks.

"So, I know the people I sit with aren't your kind of people, but they are talking about going to Lapush and I don't want to go alone, would you wanna come?" Bella said, directing attention to Margo as Edward went stiff beside her; which didn't go unnoticed to Margo.

"Could I think about it?"Margo asked, Edward could tell by her voice that she didn't want too, but Margo was worried about being rude if she said no; people didn't often ask her to hang out. Besides, Margo didn't totally hate Bella. The Sawn girl was as awkward and unsure of herself as Margo was.

"Of course"Bella said, nodding her head before picking up her bowl of food and heading back to her table.

"So, I was thinking, if you wanted we could sit with your family. I feel bad you don't sit with them anymore because of me" Edwards stiff face went soft as he looked at the girl who was looking down at her bowl. He knew how overwhelmed the sentence alone made her feel, but yet she wanted to do it for him, and he could have sworn that his heart would have skipped a beat.

"Are you sure?"

"They are important to you, yes?"

"Very much so" Edward said, watching as she picked up two dip cups and read the little label on the front.