fourteen

Margo felt her body move every direction as she sat in the back of Emmett's jeep, her hands shaking as Edwards cold arms wrapped around her waist. She could feel the crunch of ever single plant and branch as Kian went miles over the speed limit. The yelling in the front seat had become background noise, and it wasn't until Bella let out a high pitched scream that Margo jumped and covered her ears.

"Can the two of you shut the hell up!"Edward snapped, the softness in his voice gone as the tone could have ripped through the next person he laid eyes on.

"Sorry, we don't really have time to be soft and cuddly right now!"Kain snapped back, only fueling Edwards anger more.

"Last time I checked, this game was your idea and if one thing happens to her, you'll never see daylight again!-"

"Stop!"Margo screamed, the whole car going silent as she held her hands tighter to her ears until she knew everyone had stopped talking; the tears slowly rolling down her crimson red cheeks. Edwards attention snapped right back to Margo, his hand on the lower part of her thigh; rubbing soft circles on the fabric of her black jeans.

"P-please explain what just h-happened. I-I don't understand"Margo said, her voice stuttering as she tried to take deep breaths in. Margo has run the scene over and over again in her head, trying to take out every piece and analyze it but she just couldn't understand.

"He's coming after us!"Bella shot back, whatever niceness Bella had in her gone as she shot back Margo a look that could kill. 

"Don't talk to her like that!"Edward spoke, his voice wasn't loud but it was harsh, the kind that showed he'd rip anyone's face-off if they even tried.

"He is a tracker.  When my family protected the two of you, it made him want to chase you, he's dangerous" Edward spoke, using everything he had in him to speak to her calmly as he took the girl shaking into his arms.

"Then let's j-just go h-home, he doesn't know w-where we live" Margo hiccuped, the cool touch of his skin comforting her.

"Only if you wanna get killed"Kian called from the front, earning another growl from Edward as the two in the back tried to drown out the constant sound of the two in the front yelling.

"I have to find something to tell Charlie! So we need to go home! Now Kian!" Bella's yell echoed to through the car as Margo's hands went back to her ears, the ringing was killing her. She couldn't even think anymore, she was scared and everything hurt. She could feel the vibrations of Edwards's chest, signalling he was talking, but she just couldn't bring herself to listen.  Margo closed her eyes, the feeling of Edwards hand finding hers made her breathing slow down sightly. It was going to be okay, she kept telling herself, Edward would protect her, she kept telling herself.

It wasn't until Margo felt herself being lifted up that she clued back into the world. Sometimes she just shut down. It was in the bad moments, the moments when a 'normal' person would be full force in trying to figure out a solution- when their adrenaline made them feel like they'd had 13 cups of coffee. But that didn't happen for Margo. Instead, her body got tired, her mind stopped processing what was going on around her, and for that time; her brain stopped producing the amazing thoughts than typically ran through it.

When she was placed down into the front of the car, she sat up, squinting her eyes to see the sun had gone down and they were parked in front of Bella's house.

"What are we doing?"Margo whispered, watching as Edward slipped his hand back into hers as he put the car in drive.

"We are going to your house to get you so clothes"There was no need for an elaborate story when it came to Margo. With her brother gone out of town for a work trip, it saved both of them the pain and the planning of trying to figure out what to say to him, because Edward knew that Margo doesn't lie, so to even ask her to that would have killed him inside.

"If he noticed Bella more than me, why can't we just stay at my house?" Margo asked.  Her voice still soft but not as dry sounding.

"Because I can't take that chance, If something happened to you, if I lost you, I couldn't ever live with myself. You keep me sane Margo" Margo didn't respond, mostly because she couldn't find the words to say the same thing back to him.

'i hope he knows..'

"I know"Edward told her, smiling ever so slightly as she squized his hand. Margo had never appreciated him more in this moment. She could guess that they were actually in danger, even if her mind couldn't exactly comprehend it, and Edward could be easily just as scary as Kian was being: but he wasn't.

"Hey Edward?"Margo asked as she leaned her head against the window.

"Yeah?"

"Promise you won't leave me, okay?"

"I promise"

The rest of the ride was quiet, but as it got darker, she got more scared. But it was going to be okay, it was going to be okay because Edward was with her, and he wasn't going to leave her. He promised.

Edward didn't realize just how lucky he was. Margo was past the point where there was no question anymore, she trusted him. Edward now had a perfectly carved spot in Margo's life. While he could get up and leave at any time, the loss of him would be crippling to Margo. It was at the point of need for Margo. He'd been a constant in her life for a while now, and the singular idea of him not being there tomorrow crushed her soul, almost caused her to have a panic attack.

"I meant what I said darling, Im not going anywhere, its going to be okay"He whispered, the feeling of her hand tightening her grip on him was enough to make his frozen heart skip a beat. Edward knew what she was thinking was the truth, and he hoped she knew he felt the same. There was no more Edward Cullen without Margo Baker.

I missed Margo Baker so much):
edit/published: 06/31/2019
I know it's short, but I'm getting back into uploading again!

Like,
Comment,
Follow me on wattpad(:

What did you think? Let me know!